Acknowledgement and 'poster presentation'

carlyhylton

1. I gave a 'poster presentation' at my campus a couple months back at an annual 'conference' held at my campus for students to present their intermediate experimental psych research projects

Should I list this on my cv? Would someone look at it and think 'awe, cute' she's trying? Thats what I would be going for...

2. The prof who I work for acknowledged me in one of his recent pubs. This obviously isn't cv worthy, but since I am probably far away from authorship, is there anyway I could mention this in an interview, statement of interest, cover letter etc?

FYI, the next thing I will be using my cv etc for is as an attachment to emails to profs in France (I'm doing my third year in France, as part of my program) to see if I can get an RA gig over the year.

Thanks!

1. I gave a 'poster presentation' at my campus a couple months back at an annual 'conference' held at my campus for students to present their intermediate experimental psych research projects

Should I list this on my cv? Would someone look at it and think 'awe, cute' she's trying? Thats what I would be going for...

2. The prof who I work for acknowledged me in one of his recent pubs. This obviously isn't cv worthy, but since I am probably far away from authorship, is there anyway I could mention this in an interview, statement of interest, cover letter etc?

FYI, the next thing I will be using my cv etc for is as an attachment to emails to profs in France (I'm doing my third year in France, as part of my program) to see if I can get an RA gig over the year.

Thanks!

I think you could list the poster presentations under "presentations" on your cv. Many people who plan to go on to grad school have poster presentations so while it won't make you stand out much, its nice to have.

I wouldn't bring up the acknowledgment itself in an interview but you could mention the work you did to get the acknowledgment.

I think you could list the poster presentations under "presentations" on your cv. Many people who plan to go on to grad school have poster presentations so while it won't make you stand out much, its nice to have.

I wouldn't bring up the acknowledgment itself in an interview but you could mention the work you did to get the acknowledgment.

Thanks, again, Neuropsych!