LBJ in admissions thread

MPPgal

No idea, it is only in the web page, it is still by far the cheapest and is the only school that offers financial need for people from my country so Im not too worried, 10 k per semester I can afford!!!!

Also admitted to the MGPS ! Congratulations to all other admitted. I haven't seen any information on the funding on the website though ? Any idea on this ? Is it going to be mailed to us in the next days ?

Just got an email and the admissions letter is now avaliliable at the webpage but it doesnt mention the word funding anywhere, Not if I got any or not.....is it the same for all? i mean it is still a lot cheaper but i really want to know!

Nope.

But if you look on the result search page, someone posted his admission to the MGPS with this comment : "Funding information will be available in two weeks."

I guess, we have to be a little bit more patient.

Thanks! Hate the austin plataform, most messed up system to apply anywhere, thank god I had alteady checked their website because their weird Sunday email sounded like a rejection one!

Thanks! Hate the austin plataform, most messed up system to apply anywhere, thank god I had alteady checked their website because their weird Sunday email sounded like a rejection one!

Totally. Making us log into our online account to see the decision was cruel, as is delayed funding information. I guess the latter is standard, sadly.

Yep it is! Funding will come this week, just spoke to Prabhu and she mentioned the funding offers will come this or next week with our official LBJ letters!

Yep it is! Funding will come this week, just spoke to Prabhu and she mentioned the funding offers will come this or next week with our official LBJ letters!

Will that be sent to our local or permanent addresses?

Just found out I was accepted as well! Looks like they're updating throughout the day, not that I've been checking repeatedly or anything....

Did you get an email, or did you just check and see if your status had changed?

Mine still says in review :(

Did you get an email, or did you just check and see if your status had changed?

Mine still says in review :(

I just checked. It appears to be updating throughout the day, no rhyme or reason to the order I can see (my buddy also found out around the same time). Keep your head up!

Will that be sent to our local or permanent addresses?

No idea I´m international so she mentioned by email. Maybe for Americans it is different.

Hi! I'm admitted as well. Do you know if we had to fill out a separate form to receive funding, or are we automatically considered? Can we apply for on-campus housing as graduate students (I know that in some schools on-campus housing is only available to undergraduate students...)? Sorry for the stupid questions, I'm from France and I don't know how everything works...

Edited by Miskina

Funding as in merit aid does not require a separate process and it will come within the week in our admissionsnletter (if they give us any), for financial aid we do need to fill in an application although that one varies according to where you are from. From what I gather from friends in UT graduate students do not live on campus, life in austin is inexpensive in comparison to other places in the US though, check out craigslist.com for info on housing. In order to obtain your I20 a document needed for your visa you need to have funds availiable between personal ,loans and funding equal to tuition and estimated costs of living for a year which the university stipulates. I believe for LBJ that is a bit under 40k. Hope it helps! more questions PM me.

Salut Miskina,

Nice to see other French applicants here !

From what I understood in all my applications, we were automatically considered for financial aid in our application at LBJ. The decisions for funding should come out this week as MPPGal was told.

No idea on campus housing, I would be interested to have an answer as well !

Edited by FrenchO