PhD hopefools?

justastudent

• 2 weeks later...

NYU, Silberman (Hunter) and Rutgers (I saw that others heard)

Hi swmbr,

I have not heard from Rutgers yet as well and it is very frustrating. I know there is a couple people who got their acceptances but one person is an international applicant (they might learn results earlier since their admission process is longer than domestic applicants), and other person found out in February. At least, they should have told us if we are rejected. I really have to make my decision in April. 

Do you guys think it is a good idea to call them and ask about my status? 

Thanks!

Hi swmbr,

I have not heard from Rutgers yet as well and it is very frustrating. I know there is a couple people who got their acceptances but one person is an international applicant (they might learn results earlier since their admission process is longer than domestic applicants), and other person found out in February. At least, they should have told us if we are rejected. I really have to make my decision in April. 

Do you guys think it is a good idea to call them and ask about my status? 

Thanks!

I have yet to hear either and also have to make a decision soon on my most solid offer. I did hear from hunter and have the interview tomorrow. Hopefully, they make final decisions soon after. Not sure about calling, I thought about it...

I have yet to hear either and also have to make a decision soon on my most solid offer. I did hear from hunter and have the interview tomorrow. Hopefully, they make final decisions soon after. Not sure about calling, I thought about it...

Good luck on your interview tomorrow. it is exciting! I only applied to Rutgers and SUNY at Buffalo in NY&NJ area .  I will wait until next week then contact the Rutgers. If I learn anything about results, I will let you know. 

Rutgers has made their decisions....for the entire cohort......you should contact the department...Donna I believe is the PhD program assistant.

Thank you for sharing this information. I will contact her today. Thanks again.

I emailed the program secretary (Donna) yesterday. I checked my status today and my application has been placed on a waiting list! SWMBR, if your status has not been updated, contact her. As somerset said, I think they made their decisions but they have not entered results in the system yet. Good luck!

I emailed the program secretary (Donna) yesterday. I checked my status today and my application has been placed on a waiting list! SWMBR, if your status has not been updated, contact her. As somerset said, I think they made their decisions but they have not entered results in the system yet. Good luck!

Thanks for the update and making the contact. I will reach out, but yesterday I heard that I got off the NYU waitlist--my first choice with amazing funding. I can't pass up the opportunity! Good luck to you as well!

Thanks for the update and making the contact. I will reach out, but yesterday I heard that I got off the NYU waitlist--my first choice with amazing funding. I can't pass up the opportunity! Good luck to you as well!

Congratulations! NYU is a great school and their social work program is one of the best! Now, it is time to celebrate your success ! :)

Congratulations! NYU is a great school and their social work program is one of the best! Now, it is time to celebrate your success ! :)

Congratulations on your NYU admit!!! How exciting. :)

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...