Emerson Interview

I just checked my fellowship portal and found my decision there (I was selected for a Presidential Fellowship!) so some of you who have been accepted might have some good news there too!

Wow!! Congratulations, neucool. That's great!

My fellowship section is still empty for the time being. Hoping for the best...

Congrats!! Any idea what time your portal was updated?

It must have been some time in the last 12 hours! Very recent. I only checked because I saw on the results page that someone else had received a fellowship decision.

It must have been some time in the last 12 hours! Very recent. I only checked because I saw on the results page that someone else had received a fellowship decision.

Sorry for all the questions, but could you share your GPA and GRE?

Sorry for all the questions, but could you share your GPA and GRE?

Sure! GPA 3.77, GRE 156/159/5.0. Probably in the mid-lower range, but I have some unique international experiences that probably also contributed. 

Good luck to everyone else! Let's keep the acceptances/funding rolling in. 

Sure! GPA 3.77, GRE 156/159/5.0. Probably in the mid-lower range, but I have some unique international experiences that probably also contributed. 

Good luck to everyone else! Let's keep the acceptances/funding rolling in. 

Thanks for sharing! Congrats again! Have you decided if you will attend? 

Thanks for sharing! Congrats again! Have you decided if you will attend?

I am going to wait to hear from both in-state universities I applied to (Portland State and U of O), but it's pretty likely I'll be moving to Boston! Just need to swallow the whole cost of living thing. Yeesh.

I saw you have also been accepted! Do you think you'll attend?

Edited by anslpaday

I am going to wait to hear from both in-state universities I applied to (Portland State and U of O), but it's pretty likely I'll be moving to Boston! Just need to swallow the whole cost of living thing. Yeesh.

I saw you have also been accepted! Do you think you'll attend?

Yep, the cost of living in Boston would definitely be an adjustment!

I am most likely going to end up in Boston, just not sure which school. My top choices right now are BU and Emerson. I got some funding from BU, making them roughly the same cost. I'm still waiting to hear from MGH and CU Boulder. I feel like it's going to be a hard decision!

How are you going to choose between BU and Emerson?

Honestly, I have no idea! And it's looking like I'm not going to be able to make the open houses, either, because flights are so expensive from where I live. I was initially more drawn to Emerson because of the supportive/friendly feel and the lower cost, but now I'm seeing more of the pros for BU as well. BU has more of a research focus and a smaller class size, which I think are pros for that program. Cost is now very comparable with the funding from BU. But I really don't know! They are both great, I think. I feel really lucky to have gotten in to both.

• 10 months later...