Emerson Interview

I have been struggling with this as well, but like you said, it is very short notice for booking a flight and hotel less than 2 weeks out. Flights in particular get way more expensive once you pass the 2 week mark. Right now the only flight option even showing up for me is $1656 (I think I laughed out loud at that one). I hope that they will understand this and give Skype interviewees equal consideration. 

I applied last year to programs on the East Coast that required interviews and I lived on the West Coast. I was not able to go to any of them and did Skype for three. It went well and they do give you equal consideration. Just practice getting comfortable with Skype (like looking professional and trying to have eye contact which is difficult if you're looking at the screen versus camera). If you practice Skyping and get comfortable your personality will come through which is the benefit if meeting someone anyways. 

I applied last year to programs on the East Coast that required interviews and I lived on the West Coast. I was not able to go to any of them and did Skype for three. It went well and they do give you equal consideration. Just practice getting comfortable with Skype (like looking professional and trying to have eye contact which is difficult if you're looking at the screen versus camera). If you practice Skyping and get comfortable your personality will come through which is the benefit if meeting someone anyways. 

Thanks, Yancey. That's encouraging! I am thinking the key is to practice the Skype thing so it's not quite as awkward during the real thing.

I just spoke with admissions - there is no disadvantage to Skype, unless you feel you will interview differently than in person.  The only other disadvantage is that you don't get to tour the campus, speak with current students, etc.  Hope this helps! I'm still deciding myself.

Who else still has not gotten an interview yet? I'm trying to breathe and hoping that I'll get one tomorrow...

I haven't either. I've been checking constantly all week. I just wish they would update something on the portal, even if it is rejected. Best of luck to you.

I haven't either. I've been checking constantly all week. I just wish they would update something on the portal, even if it is rejected. Best of luck to you.

I feel the same way! I hope you receive good news!

Ok, my portal still is not updated. I am assuming this means I won't get an interview. Does anyone know if they only have 1 interview weekend or if there is another round of interviews?

The email I got states that all interviews will take place the 20th-22nd, so there's only one interview weekend.

I just did my interview over Skype - it was only 12 minutes long! You are asked 3 questions up front, then you have a chance to ask a couple questions. It went by so fast! Good luck everyone!