University of North Texas, Fall 2014

Jessica.allen

I went there for my B.A. It is an awesome campus, it sits next to TWU within a typical small-town environment. Denton is a very hip town...plenty of places to shop, eat, etc. There are plenty of campus buses (they just got new buses in 2012). Many new buildings, some departments are well known, some are not. However, I see you will be attending the MPH program (?). The MPH program is housed and the degree itself is conferred from the University of North Texas Health Science Center, which is in Fort Worth, Texas. Fort Worth is a medium-sized city, really awesome food scene, arts scene. 

Fort Worth is about 20-25 minutes west of Dallas. Living downtown anywhere in the DFW metroplex can be expensive. If you are looking for low cost apartments, I would recommend places 10-15 minutes away from Fort Worth. Funny enough, it is cheaper to live in Denton (which is where the main UNT campus is). 

Mapquest: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=unt+health+science+center+fort+worth+tx&ie=UTF-8&ei=rZ4CU7WxCOifyQHTkICAAg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just applied for their Applied Anthropology/MPH program about two weeks agao. I know it varies by program, but how long did it take for you to hear back from admissions?

it took 2-3 weeks for the decision.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...