Georgetown MSFS

I found the admissions thread from last year and the way they released decisions was a mess. Most people never got an email saying their decision was out (I didn't get one this year either); decisions were released gradually and at random and over the course of several days; and with funding, some people seemed to have funding info written right in the letter and some people found out about funding later in a separate letter. They don't make it easy to know what's going on!

I'm very happy to have been accepted, but with no word on funding I can't be any closer to making a decision. I wouldn't go with no offer. I've gotten some funding from other schools that I probably wouldn't turn down for full price at Georgetown. So let's hope the funding and admissions results are all released very soon!

I don't think it's a bad sign. They specifically said so last year when they also rolled out their decisions over the course of a week or two. I guess we just have to sit tight and see.

@Ruella76, that is an amazing package from American (and SAIS, which is generally considered quite stingy). May I ask what your background/profile is?

Edited by pyrhuss

Can I ask, how many of those accepted actually received an email to check the ApplyYourself portal?

I'd also be interested in hearing this from those who've been admitted already. 

Where did the update/decision show up on your portal Dashboard? Mine still says "submitted." 

For the #1 (depending on your perspective/program) school, this decision roll-out sure is late/messy/confusing/AGONIZING. 

Congrats to all the admits so far!

I'd also be interested in hearing this from those who've been admitted already. 

Where did the update/decision show up on your portal Dashboard? Mine still says "submitted." 

For the #1 (depending on your perspective/program) school, this decision roll-out sure is late/messy/confusing/AGONIZING. 

Congrats to all the admits so far!

The decision will pop up at the bottom like SAIS. I'm more concerned that I can't be constantly logged into my portal, refreshing the page. As soon as I know the decision I need to commit to a few things (whether it's an acceptance or rejection) and some of those options are highly time sensitive (particularly if I'm rejected.) But alas, we wait. I don't think anything will trump IHEID's acceptance letter followed by a rejection letter fiasco from last week (the latter being the real decision in my case). But we're all in this frustrating situation together it seems.

Edited by CarefreeWritingsontheWall

I was also told that if your acceptance letter didn't mention scholarship funding then you did not receive any.

Can I ask where you heard this? Wouldn't be surprised if you're right, just wondering if you heard it from their admissions office.

pyrrhus, I'll message you in a bit. Don't want to reveal too much of myself on this forum.

Woohoo! Just got in. No e-mail, just compulsively checked the dashboard. Also got $22k in first-year scholarship. Can't wait to meet my future classmates!

Edited by jsbda

Admitted earlier this morning. Same as everyone else: no e-mail, only the link toward the bottom of the ApplyYourself page.

No word on funding, so I called the Office of Financial Services, who claim there is still money in play for those of us who didn't hear anything in the initial acceptance letter.

If there isn't, not sure it's worth paying to attend SAIS, SIPA, or even SFS. Fletcher is making this decision easy.

@goodcat, I'm in the same conundrum as you. SAIS is a great school, but I'm not sure any program is worth that much debt, especially when I got into less expensive programs.

Congrats to everyone who's been accepted, I'm still here hitting refresh..

@WinterSolstice I know European programs don't offer much funding, but their costs are generally lower, right? LSE/Science Po dual degree seems almost irresistable..

@goodcat. Yeah, Euro funding is pretty much non-existent. There are some fellowships you can apply to, but they're pretty competitive. But it's kind of balanced out by them being essentially half as expensive. On the subject of Georgetown though, I hear they're usually pretty good with aid (loads better than SAIS, for example..). I have a friend going there now and he got a pretty good deal.

Edited by WinterSolstice

@clfergus georgetown's office of financial services can be reached at finfront@georgetown.edu. They're currently sending automated replies acknowledging receipt and saying it'll be 24 hours until you get a formal response.

Hey guys!

Just say this post, can't believe I just found it. 

Good luck to everyone! 

I just received my email from Georgetown MSFS a few hours ago(8pm, California time), wait-listed. Has anyone else heard from Georgetown MSFS?