Redlands

I got accepted off the wait list, so it looks l will be attending Redlands this fall! Has anyone started a facebook group yet!?

Congratulations!! When did you receive the email?

Has anyone received any kind of financial aid information from Redlands? It's bizarre to me that I haven't received any word regarding loans/funding

Mel, that's awesome! If you don't mind me asking...what is it that makes PSU your top choice vs. Redlands? I'm just curious as to what your thought process has been, because I have been torn between the two (especially if I end up getting into PSU). The reason I'm leaning more toward Redlands is that they a great prof for aural (re)hab, which is what I am most interested in at this point. 

As far as getting a roommate, I am undecided as of right now...I would def want my own room though! There's one complex in particular that I'm interested in called Del Flora Apartments! It's very nicely updated!

Hi Angie!

I prefer Portland for a couple of reasons: cost & location. Honestly, I don't think that one program is better than the other. I am personally focused on bilingual certification and both offer that. So it really just boils down to where I want to live and how much it will cost me haha! But as of now, I don't really have a choice; I emailed Erica yesterday and I'm in the middle third of the top :/ Doesn't look like I'll be getting in. But I'm excited for Redlands even if it is significantly more haha! 

Awesome! Let me look into some stuff too! Let me know what you decide! I would like my own room as well- but I'll take whatever I can afford! There's another girl on here looking for a roommate as well, so maybe we could all just end up near each other! Which I would totally love for study groups and moral support (: 

Melanie

Hi Angie!

I prefer Portland for a couple of reasons: cost & location. Honestly, I don't think that one program is better than the other. I am personally focused on bilingual certification and both offer that. So it really just boils down to where I want to live and how much it will cost me haha! But as of now, I don't really have a choice; I emailed Erica yesterday and I'm in the middle third of the top :/ Doesn't look like I'll be getting in. But I'm excited for Redlands even if it is significantly more haha! 

Awesome! Let me look into some stuff too! Let me know what you decide! I would like my own room as well- but I'll take whatever I can afford! There's another girl on here looking for a roommate as well, so maybe we could all just end up near each other! Which I would totally love for study groups and moral support (: 

Melanie

Hi Melanie! My full name's Angelica :)

I'm interested in bilingual, too! Wooo! I should probably give her a call! The last time I called was on the 15th, because I was wondering about the supplemental app (which we didn't even need to have done by the 15th). I haven't gotten an acceptance either, so it looks like we might be at about the same level? I'm surprised because the wait list email made it seem like those that were in the top tier were basically in!

It would be awesome if we could end up living close to each other! I'm pretty set on that place based on my online search, but I'll be going to see what the options are in May just to make sure. So excited to start grad school! 

Yay!!!! I'm so excited for you! I've been crossing my fingers that you'd get in off of the waitlist. I don't think there is one yet, but I'm not sure. If you guys want to private message me your emails I can make one.  :)

P.S. To the above posters, I would love to live near each other for studying/support purposes! We can start our own little speechie apartment community!  B)

Yay!!!! I'm so excited for you! I've been crossing my fingers that you'd get in off of the waitlist. I don't think there is one yet, but I'm not sure. If you guys want to private message me your emails I can make one.  :)

P.S. To the above posters, I would love to live near each other for studying/support purposes! We can start our own little speechie apartment community!  B)

Thank you, Holly!! That is so sweet! I just sent you a pm about setting up the FB group.

I actually live in Riverside, which is about a 20 minute drive from campus. We own a house, so I do not plan on relocating to Redlands. I am totally willing to hang out & study in the speechie apartment community though!

P.S. To the above posters, I would love to live near each other for studying/support purposes! We can start our own little speechie apartment community! B)

Hi Holly!!

Absolutely (: I think Angiebruin posted about Del Flora apartments; they're really nice!! Want to look into that and maybe a few of us can pitch in for an apartment or just be neighbors (:

Ok ladies, I created the fb group! You should be able to find it using this link! 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/675939895845153/

And I'll definitely look into those apartments and keep you guys updated!  :)

Thank you for creating the FB group! I'll join it right now! :)

There is a discussion on here that lists the FB page for each program. I added ours to the list for anyone who doesn't come to this thread.

Ok ladies, I created the fb group! You should be able to find it using this link! 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/675939895845153/

And I'll definitely look into those apartments and keep you guys updated!  :)

Thank you for creating a FB group! I will join it now!

• 11 months later...

If you dont mind, can you tell me by what time do you have to accept the offer please?

1 hour ago, mudandroses said:

I have to decide by Thursday afternoon. I am not sure. Those who accepted the acceptance... can you tell me what you liked?