Chemistry Applications Fall 2015

ChemiKyle

seems that way, though I really wish they'd at least have the decision made on the online app. the status for mine still says "submitted", although I'm pretty sure it's a confirmed rejection by this point.

Any chances of being waitlisted?

sooo i am assuming no response from UC Berk = rejection?

I'm also assuming that. Never heard back from UC Berk or UW Madison, which I thought was odd. I have my mind pretty close to made up as to where I'm going though.

By the way, anyone hear *anything* from Rutgers? They're my last school out before making my decision. I want to give them fair consideration, but I hear from a number of sources (current students in the Chem and Bio department) that this could take until the first week of April, which is really frustrating. 

Edited by MrWizard454

By the way, anyone hear *anything* from Rutgers? They're my last school out before making my decision. I want to give them fair consideration, but I hear from a number of sources (current students in the Chem and Bio department) that this could take until the first week of April, which is really frustrating. 

I got accepted to Rutgers and went to the visitation weekend last month. I will be declining their offer once I start the official paper work for my chosen school. 

I got a rejection in January from them.

I got accepted to Rutgers and went to the visitation weekend last month. I will be declining their offer once I start the official paper work for my chosen school. 

Thanks for the heads up. Regardless, congrats on the acceptance! If you don't mind my asking, what did you think of the school while visiting? 

And Chesmo, I'm sorry to hear it. :(

BU had their visit last weekend. 

I believe it is for american students right. I am an international student and I cant find any admission results on BU. I mailed the coordinator. She said very latest will be end of march,

Thanks for the heads up. Regardless, congrats on the acceptance! If you don't mind my asking, what did you think of the school while visiting? 

And Chesmo, I'm sorry to hear it. :(

They are a good school depending on the subfield. I'm interested in organic synthesis and was really impressed by one group there, but the other organic groups didn't really pan out for me. I accepted my offer to BU because their department is stronger in my interests. 

When exactly was this?

It was like 8 pm PST? Maybe they are going through the applications in sections? I got an email and then checked my application status. I was accepted but a girl I met while there just checked in with me and she was rejected, so idk. I felt like she was a way better applicant than me.

It was like 8 pm PST? Maybe they are going through the applications in sections? I got an email and then checked my application status. I was accepted but a girl I met while there just checked in with me and she was rejected, so idk. I felt like she was a way better applicant than me.

Interesting. I haven't gotten either email and don't see anything new on my application page. Did you attend the March 2 weekend? I was at the 9th, so I'm wondering if the first group also hears back earlier.

Interesting. I haven't gotten either email and don't see anything new on my application page. Did you attend the March 2 weekend? I was at the 9th, so I'm wondering if the first group also hears back earlier.

I attended the first weekend...and I haven't heard back from them either.

I just got a phone call acceptance from a PI!

Weird! I was at the earlier weekend. I didn't get a PI phone call though... I don't get what they're doing haha.