Fall 2015 Civil and Environmental Engineering

jacket24

Congratulations on your acceptance! Any word on PhD decisions?

They actually didn't tell me anything about the EES department, just sent me a curt reply telling me to expect a decision in the next day. So sadly, no word about PhD decisions yet :(

I doubt they have though--I didn't see any PhD admits reported on gradcafe.

I applied for MS in Structural Engineering, too. I am international applicant from India.

Waiting: UC Berkeley, UIUC, Purdue, TAMU, NCSU

Accepted:-

Rejected:-

Has anyone received any decision from Berkeley?

Hi, I have seen on a forum that an international student has got an admission from Stanford but still no information from Berkeley. He seems to have applied for Structural Engineering. So I think maybe Berkeley has not started to send out decisions yet.

By the way, do you have any decision information on other civil engineering divisions of Berkeley? Thanks a lot!

I sent an email and got an affirmative response back :)

Oh man congrats!  I thought emails for acceptance came on Tuesdays ;o.

I wonder if i should email them.  I still haven't heard anything back... ;/

I am a hopeless waiter but this is my final wait. 

Anyone heard from Transportation Eng from Berkeley? 

I wish all of you the best!...

have you applied to any other Transportation programs?

Someone submitted that he got accepted to MIT 3 weeks ago, and since then I'm freaking out here...  :unsure:

Someone submitted that he got accepted to MIT 3 weeks ago, and since then I'm freaking out here...  :unsure:

Don't worry! I have read another post of that person on another forum (according to the date he/she received the offer). Although he/she has been accepted by the transportation program, he/she actually will study Operation Research. So maybe many results has not been sent out yet.

Personal experience--I haven't heard from Yale's PhD program either.

Based on historic data from the results search, Yale has never sent out an Environmental Engineering acceptance later than February 22. They send out all of their acceptances first, followed by rejections in late Feb-early March. That said, there has only been one admit posted so far this year so they may just be running behind.

Edited by jacket24

No only Berkeley I think MIT still have not sent the major batch of acceptances. 

I applied to mostly geosciences programs, but got into MIT Civil and Environmental Engineering today!! Did anyone else get in? The visiting weekend is super late. I'm the only acceptance on the results page besides that one from a couple weeks ago so I have no clue if they've sent out batches yet. I don't think I'd be a top applicant though so I don't know why they'd admit me early.

Applied to 4 UC universities for MS in Civil Engineering (Structural Emphasis). Got the results for 2 of them this week. Still waiting on the other 2. <Fingers crossed.>

Applied to: UCB, UCSD, UCLA, UCI

Waiting: UCB, UCSD
Accepted: UCLA, UCI
Rejected: 

I applied to mostly geosciences programs, but got into MIT Civil and Environmental Engineering today!! Did anyone else get in? The visiting weekend is super late. I'm the only acceptance on the results page besides that one from a couple weeks ago so I have no clue if they've sent out batches yet. I don't think I'd be a top applicant though so I don't know why they'd admit me early.

Congratulation on your acceptance!  :)

I guess each area of studying gives answer separately, so there's still hope for me... 

Thank you! I'm pretty sure I applied as Environmental Chemistry (I didn't know if the tracks were actually important, so I just picked the one that sounded the most relevant). I'm still convinced I'm going to get an email tomorrow saying they switched lists around and I didn't actually get in. My POI hasn't responded to my email yet requesting an earlier visit.

The Stanford Open House (March 13th) is getting quite close and I haven't heard back from the EES department ;(.  I applied for the atmosphere/energy department as a second choice, but I guess my chances are getting slimmer.

Has anyone heard back from University of Washington and Northwestern , environmental engineering ? I received no reply to my emails.

Not a peep from either.

Just got the axe from Yale, apparently along with a couple of other people on the results page. I'm a bit disappointed, but I knew it was a long shot. It's surprisingly relieving that the ball is rolling on decisions, even though my first result was less than ideal.

Just got the axe from Yale, apparently along with a couple of other people on the results page. I'm a bit disappointed, but I knew it was a long shot. It's surprisingly relieving that the ball is rolling on decisions, even though my first result was less than ideal.

My first decision was a rejection too but I eventually got into one of my top choices! I'm sure you'll get in somewhere great :)