Eastern New Mexico Spring 2016 CDIS

sydney4

I applied as well, and even went to visit the school in early August. From what I understand they have fewer applicants for the spring so I'm hoping it will be less competitive as well. Last year I noticed that a notification was posted to their Facebook page that the letters were sent out on October 16th last year. I'm having a hard time not having an online application status to check everyday haha! I hope all of us make it in!

Hi guys,

I'm applying for the fall of 2016. I filled out the application online. I'm in the process of requesting my transcripts. Do you know if the second step is an essay?

Jen

Jen,

The essay portion is a part of the application packet for the program. It's different but I had fun with it! :) I hope that answered your question. My apologies if it didn't. Best of luck to you!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone want to share schools applied to or stats while we wait? I only applied to ENMU, so it's my only hope. I have a 3.4 GPA, 148V, 152Q, and 4.0 writing. 

I applied to:

Appalachian State, Alabama A&M, University of Rhode Island, University of Northern Iowa -rejected, UTD - rejected, ENMU, Texas A&M Kingsville, UCF, Kansas State

This is my second time applying (applied for Fall 2014). GPA 3.1 V149, Q148, writing 4.0.  1 year experience as an SLPA, extensive training in AAC communication and a lot of experience working with children with Autism. Hoping my experience, LORs, and statement of purpose can outweigh my low stats! 

Edited by cheltroy

Today's the day!!!! The first day of the window they will be sending letters out, that is. Lol. I am so nervous!! Good luck everyone :)

Yikes! Now I'm going to be incredibly anxious for the next 10 days! Let's hope we all get in and we all hear incredibly quickly!! :)

Has anyone been in contact with Dr. Swift or anyone else from the program? This waiting is the hardest part! I meant to share my stats earlier, major GPA of 3.6, GRE: Verbal - 157, Quantative - 146 (ouch), and Analytical Writing - 4.5.

I hope we hear tomorrow! So far as I can tell people generally hear 5 - 10 days after the 15th. Here's to good news tomorrow! 

Edited by YaketyYak