Venting Thread

dgswaim

5 minutes ago, brush said:

They probably meant to quote one of the previous posts about the cold

Ah. 

Although, ASU is pretty warm too!

Edited by dgswaim

I feel if I really vent my feelings about DePaul and Villanova taking their time to consider the applicants, then I'd somehow jinx myself. But come on you guys, I just want to know, I don't even care if its a rejection (omg I care so much). 

36 minutes ago, bechkafish said:

Fighting the urge to show up at Brown like, HI, IT'S ME, I baked you this cake and washed your car for you, no reason, just being the upstanding, hardworking, caring student that I am...

Seriously!! I've planned a visit to the school that already accepted me but hasn't decided on funding yet, and I'm like "okay so what if I show up with like, gift baggies for everyone?"

9 hours ago, dgswaim said:

Is the link relevant to ASU? I'm not following.

The link is relevant to every application, because every application is a mistake when you could instead be reading philosophy in Hawaii with a faculty that takes their department photos wearing luaus.

(And yes. It seems I quoted the wrong post.)

2 hours ago, philosophe said:

p.s. I was sneaking grad cafe in my class yesterday and my worst fear was accidentally pressing play on one of those german youtube videos :X 

You mean "worst desire" right? 

5 minutes ago, dgswaim said:

I feel really sad today. These admissions season mood swings are something else...

I'm with you so, so much. It's kind of the archetypal, funny thing, oh look how stressful this is, admissions season is the worst, but I mean. It's genuinely depressing. And it's hard to keep a consistent mood level when you're vacillating back and forth between brash confidence and the depths of self-loathing.

I literally got sad today because I saw a little bird hopping around on the sidewalk and I thought his little feet must be cold.

I just realised one of my supervisors had an unsuccessful job interview at one of the schools I applied to and haven't heard from yet. 

If they didn't want him, they probs won't want me. Might as well count that as a rejection, right?

3 minutes ago, majorshake said:

I just realised one of my supervisors had an unsuccessful job interview at one of the schools I applied to and haven't heard from yet. 

If they didn't want him, they probs won't want me. Might as well count that as a rejection, right?

Oh i'd think the opposite. Positions are extremely difficult to get, just the fact that he got an interview I'd say is a plus for your application because of the positive name recognition. Just because someone was ultimately unsuccessful doesn't mean they left a negative impression on the committee. 

1 minute ago, philosophe said:

Oh i'd think the opposite. Positions are extremely difficult to get, just the fact that he got an interview I'd say is a plus for your application because of the positive name recognition. Just because someone was ultimately unsuccessful doesn't mean they left a negative impression on the committee. 

Yeah.. that's what I hope for.

My main supervisor has a lot of friends at this particular school. It's my highest hope..