Georgetown MSFS 2016 - Discuss & Debate

If anyone is attending the open house tomorrow, I would really appreciate any thoughts or feedback you may have about it. I unfortunately won't be able to make it and I would be thankful for any input from any of you guys who attend. Feel free to DM me if you don't feel like posting your reactions on here! Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...
On April 9, 2016 at 7:55 AM, 6speed! said:

Bumping this. Did anyone attend the admitted students open house on 4/7? Any impressions, thoughts, if so? 

Seconding this.

I've already accepted Georgetown's offer, but I really want to know what people saw in the open house!

On 3/20/2016 at 4:32 PM, Solio said:

I didn't get funding either. I got a scholarship from Fletcher and I'm going to try to see if Georgetown will match it. Either way I'm pretty set on Georgetown. I've got some savings and a decent shot at some other scholarships, just wrapping my head around all that debt! It looked a lot more manageable in July! 

Hey, I'm in the exact same position as you! Got into MSFS without scholarship and into Fletcher with a decent scholarship. While it seems insane to turn down the program with scholarship my heart is set on Georgetown. It is just so scary to think about taking on all that debt. Have you made your final decision? 

Would be interested to hear from people who have decided on MSFS even without scholarship.

Hello, I'm really late to this thread, but congrats to everyone who got in! I got into MSFS without scholarship and into Fletcher with a decent scholarship, but my heart has been set on Georgetown MSFS. Has anyone else decided on MSFS without scholarship? What helped you decide and determine it was worth it?

18 hours ago, yabent said:

Hey, I'm in the exact same position as you! Got into MSFS without scholarship and into Fletcher with a decent scholarship. While it seems insane to turn down the program with scholarship my heart is set on Georgetown. It is just so scary to think about taking on all that debt. Have you made your final decision? 

Would be interested to hear from people who have decided on MSFS even without scholarship.

Hey @yabent

Even without school funding, I've decided to go to Georgetown.  It's my dream school.  I have some savings,  I've applied to a lot of scholarships,  and I have found quite a few funding opportunities  that I can apply to for the second year. 

That being said, I know I'm taking a major gamble. I'm terrified of that much debt. I hope this risk pays off for me, but I know that it might not. If it doesn't, I'm looking at some long, hard years financially. I've made my peace with it and I spend my spare time looking for more funding. 

Good luck with your decision! Fletcher is great. I went to visit and sat in on a few classes. They were really well done. If I hadn't gotten into Georgetown I would have gone there without a second thought. 

Edited by Solio