SSHRC Doctoral Scholarship 2016-2017 Questions

Lavender_1

Would anybody be able to tell me where conference presentations belong under in the categories for research contributions? 

SSHRC's website indicates that conference presentations are an example of referred research contributions. The caveat is that they also state that to be considered peer reviewed, research contributions must have been reviewed in it's entirety, not just in abstract form. Most academic conferences just look at abstracts.

Am I the only one who is stuck with this problem?

Thanks to anyone who can help :)

Edited by EKL
made an error

It seems to me that there would be a lot of variability with this. While some conferences admit panels based solely on abstracts, some also require paper submission by a certain date. This allows not only the panels' discussant(s) to put the work in context, but also audience members the opportunity to read the article prior to the presentation.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/19/2016 at 6:00 PM, EKL said:

Am I the only one who is stuck with this problem?

What did you decide to do!?  I'm wondering too... I'm going for non-referred I think cause I don't want to be caught in an exaggeration? It's academics reading the aps so I think they'll understand the nature of it if i just list "conference papers"

They ask you to specifically indicate peer-reviewed works (as defined by their criteria) with an (R) at the left of the citation, so list them under the relevant headings, and if it was peer reviewed under that criteria, write (R). I'm also pretty sure that conference presentations fall under "other refereed contributions"

I had saw the proposal of a previous awardee and they did that.

Edited by Oshawott