California Schools & CSDCAS

I'm applying for this coming Fall and I'm trying to get organized with my schools. All but one of my schools of interest are in California and I'm noticing a lot of the California SLP schools prefer that you fill out their own individual university application + a department application. From what I can see, only CSU Fullerton has the option for CSDCAS. The list of the schools I am looking into is CSU Fullerton, CSU Long Beach, San Francisco State, and San Diego State.

Do I need to submit their university application, department application, and CSDCAS? 

I can only speak for CSUF and SDSU.

CSUF requires CSDCAS and CSUMentor.

SDSU requires CSUMentor and their only supplemental department application. Once you finish your CSUMentor and they process everything, you'll get an email with a school ID#. You'll get access to their SDSU portal where you'll find a link to their supplemental application as well as check any of the documents that you will need to send in. SDSU does NOT require CSDCAS.

SFSU's deadline already passed, unfortunately. It was December 15th. But it was CSU Mentor app + departmental app. 

Long Beach you need CSU mentor, and then you email or mail in the departmental application, as well as your transcripts, etc. 

On 1/11/2017 at 7:14 PM, jmk said:

SFSU's deadline already passed, unfortunately. It was December 15th. But it was CSU Mentor app + departmental app. 

Long Beach you need CSU mentor, and then you email or mail in the departmental application, as well as your transcripts, etc. 

oops, should have been clearer! I'm applying for Fall 2018 slot, but applying during the Fall 2017 season.

Edited by joannly

3 hours ago, futureSpeechLP said:

Cal State Long Beach was on CSDCAS for 2017. Maybe they haven't updated the CSDCAS for 2018. 

Long Beach does not use CSDCAS. I applied this cycle and they only wanted CSU Mentor and the department application. Imunster is correct, Fullerton requires CSDCAS and CSU Mentor, but does not have a department application. 

• 1 month later...

First of all, good for you for getting an early start on your applications! It will go much more smoothly when you have organized all the information you need. As far as I know, all the CSUs require CSU Mentor to apply to the university, and will then require a separate application for the department. This may or may not be through CSDCAS. I would just go to each program's website and see what their application process is. For Fall 2017, SFSU required you to mail in a packet with everything enclosed, CSULB had a department application you could email in, and SDSU had an online departmental application, though it was not CSDCAS. I did not apply to CSUF so I can't speak to that. Good luck!