Stanford ECE interview?

nixipixi

An email about interview slots was sent a few weeks ago claiming applicants would be notified untill January 15th. I am wondering if the actual interviews have not been scheduled yet or whether I just didn't make the short list...?

Unfortunately did not hear back from Stanford. I had a general interview (more of a chat) with a professor from Berkeley not mentioned in SOP. He said that the purpose of the chat was to clarify parts of the application (role in research, favorite classes, etc.) so that he could pass on that information to the review committee.

I just received a general interview email from Stanford (from the university, not POI). They gave a username and password to log into their interview site. It looks like they assigned me to interview with three professors (including one POI).

Congrats! Good luck. Got the same email here. What areas are yall? (I'm InfoTheory/Comms/Controls)

Does anyone know how many kids get interviews relative to how many Stanford finally accepts?

16 minutes ago, Techzilla said:

Congrats! Good luck. Got the same email here. What areas are yall? (I'm InfoTheory/Comms/Controls)

Does anyone know how many kids get interviews relative to how many Stanford finally accepts?

Electromagnetics, and not sure..

14 hours ago, hope2000 said:

Depends on which professor you're interviewing with. Be prepared to explain details on your past research. Make your speech succinct as all interviews are limited to 25-30 minutes, especially when your scheduled window is in between two of the others. 

Agreed. All interviewers so far asked to summarize research/latest research project.

By the way, does the section "Official Documents Requests" from the Stanford Applyweb form appear on your accounts, as the posts on the results webpage say? What can it mean?

And has any of your interviewers mentioned when they will probably send back any replies?

Thanks!!

Edited by Auriolus

5 hours ago, Auriolus said:

By the way, does the section "Official Documents Requests" from the Stanford Applyweb form appear on your accounts, as the posts on the results webpage say? What can it mean?

And has any of your interviewers mentioned when they will probably send back any replies?

Thanks!!

Have the same question. My application shows "Submitted" and had submitted all the required documents. Any clue regarding this new requirement?

8 hours ago, Auriolus said:

Thanks!!

I did not receive an "Official Documents Request" section.. Also do not know when we will get results.

2 hours ago, Marauders Map said:

Have the same question. My application shows "Submitted" and had submitted all the required documents. Any clue regarding this new requirement?

Same, kinda worried here

1 hour ago, George Zhang said:

I did not receive an "Official Documents Request" section.. Also do not know when we will get results.

Same, kinda worried here

I got this for my MS&E Ph.D application (Sorry to hijack this thread, I was searching for this phrase).

This seems to be some sort of paid service by applyweb. The only clue I got is from here: https://gradadmissions.stanford.edu/

For accepted students only: Stanford requires academic credentials directly from the issuing institution. If you attended one of the few institutions that issues only one official document and only to the student, then please submit a HelpSU ticket to request an appointment with Graduate Admissions upon arrival at Stanford for verification of the credential

Edited by jungjalapeno
notify me of replies

On 1/27/2017 at 3:18 PM, jungjalapeno said:

I got this for my MS&E Ph.D application (Sorry to hijack this thread, I was searching for this phrase).

This seems to be some sort of paid service by applyweb. The only clue I got is from here: https://gradadmissions.stanford.edu/

For accepted students only: Stanford requires academic credentials directly from the issuing institution. If you attended one of the few institutions that issues only one official document and only to the student, then please submit a HelpSU ticket to request an appointment with Graduate Admissions upon arrival at Stanford for verification of the credential

I was likewise searching for the same phrase and have this on my application for a PhD in education. I am baffled though as the email I originally received from them to acknowledge my application stated:

2.    Applications submitted with unofficial, uploaded transcripts will be considered as complete.  Only admitted applicants will be contacted with instructions for sending official transcripts.

On 1/28/2017 at 11:38 AM, mjl89 said:

I was likewise searching for the same phrase and have this on my application for a PhD in education. I am baffled though as the email I originally received from them to acknowledge my application stated:

2.    Applications submitted with unofficial, uploaded transcripts will be considered as complete.  Only admitted applicants will be contacted with instructions for sending official transcripts.

Actually for my program, we were required to send in the official transcripts by post. But this seems to be extra.

2 hours ago, nixipixi said:

I am applying for the EE PhD program and I had to send originals as part of my application as well.

This is an additional request I think...but I am not sure it correlates to being admitted.

nixipixi, are you an international student? And has this request appeared on your applyweb status page too? (I agree it should not be correlated to being admitted at all because it appeared during interview week; I believe no decisions should have been made before a committee meeting at least, not sure though)

Edited by Auriolus