Jump to content
nixipixi

Stanford ECE interview?

Recommended Posts

An email about interview slots was sent a few weeks ago claiming applicants would be notified untill January 15th. I am wondering if the actual interviews have not been scheduled yet or whether I just didn't make the short list...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the same boat, but had a friend who got in last year without interviewing. So just because you do not get selected for one does not mean you will not get in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Along these lines, anyone hear anything from Berkeley? Pretty sure they interview everyone starting around mid January

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One guy reports an interview in the results section, but that's all I've heard.

A lot of Berkeley CS people seem to have heard back though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately did not hear back from Stanford. I had a general interview (more of a chat) with a professor from Berkeley not mentioned in SOP. He said that the purpose of the chat was to clarify parts of the application (role in research, favorite classes, etc.) so that he could pass on that information to the review committee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just received a general interview email from Stanford (from the university, not POI). They gave a username and password to log into their interview site. It looks like they assigned me to interview with three professors (including one POI).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats! Good luck. Got the same email here. What areas are yall? (I'm InfoTheory/Comms/Controls)

Does anyone know how many kids get interviews relative to how many Stanford finally accepts?

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Techzilla said:

Congrats! Good luck. Got the same email here. What areas are yall? (I'm InfoTheory/Comms/Controls)

Does anyone know how many kids get interviews relative to how many Stanford finally accepts?

 

 

 

 

 

Electromagnetics, and not sure..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same email here! When are your interviews scheduled? Mine are both on the 25th. I'm in Information Systems and Science (mainly biomedical imaging and signal processing).

Good luck all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, George Zhang said:

Nice! Got two this week and one the following week.

Best of luck then! Tell us how your interviews go; I hope you do ace them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on which professor you're interviewing with. Be prepared to explain details on your past research. Make your speech succinct as all interviews are limited to 25-30 minutes, especially when your scheduled window is in between two of the others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, hope2000 said:

Depends on which professor you're interviewing with. Be prepared to explain details on your past research. Make your speech succinct as all interviews are limited to 25-30 minutes, especially when your scheduled window is in between two of the others. 

Agreed. All interviewers so far asked to summarize research/latest research project.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, does the section "Official Documents Requests" from the Stanford Applyweb form appear on your accounts, as the posts on the results webpage say? What can it mean?

And has any of your interviewers mentioned when they will probably send back any replies?

Thanks!!

Edited by Auriolus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Auriolus said:

By the way, does the section "Official Documents Requests" from the Stanford Applyweb form appear on your accounts, as the posts on the results webpage say? What can it mean?

And has any of your interviewers mentioned when they will probably send back any replies?

Thanks!!

 

Have the same question. My application shows "Submitted" and had submitted all the required documents. Any clue regarding this new requirement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Auriolus said:

By the way, does the section "Official Documents Requests" from the Stanford Applyweb form appear on your accounts, as the posts on the results webpage say? What can it mean?

And has any of your interviewers mentioned when they will probably send back any replies?

Thanks!!

I did not receive an "Official Documents Request" section.. Also do not know when we will get results.

2 hours ago, Marauders Map said:

Have the same question. My application shows "Submitted" and had submitted all the required documents. Any clue regarding this new requirement?

Same, kinda worried here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, George Zhang said:

I did not receive an "Official Documents Request" section.. Also do not know when we will get results.

Same, kinda worried here

I got this for my MS&E Ph.D application (Sorry to hijack this thread, I was searching for this phrase).

This seems to be some sort of paid service by applyweb. The only clue I got is from here: https://gradadmissions.stanford.edu/

For accepted students only: Stanford requires academic credentials directly from the issuing institution. If you attended one of the few institutions that issues only one official document and only to the student, then please submit a HelpSU ticket to request an appointment with Graduate Admissions upon arrival at Stanford for verification of the credential

Edited by jungjalapeno
notify me of replies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2017 at 3:18 PM, jungjalapeno said:

I got this for my MS&E Ph.D application (Sorry to hijack this thread, I was searching for this phrase).

This seems to be some sort of paid service by applyweb. The only clue I got is from here: https://gradadmissions.stanford.edu/

For accepted students only: Stanford requires academic credentials directly from the issuing institution. If you attended one of the few institutions that issues only one official document and only to the student, then please submit a HelpSU ticket to request an appointment with Graduate Admissions upon arrival at Stanford for verification of the credential

I was likewise searching for the same phrase and have this on my application for a PhD in education. I am baffled though as the email I originally received from them to acknowledge my application stated:

2.    Applications submitted with unofficial, uploaded transcripts will be considered as complete.  Only admitted applicants will be contacted with instructions for sending official transcripts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2017 at 11:38 AM, mjl89 said:

I was likewise searching for the same phrase and have this on my application for a PhD in education. I am baffled though as the email I originally received from them to acknowledge my application stated:

2.    Applications submitted with unofficial, uploaded transcripts will be considered as complete.  Only admitted applicants will be contacted with instructions for sending official transcripts.

Actually for my program, we were required to send in the official transcripts by post. But this seems to be extra.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am applying for the EE PhD program and I had to send originals as part of my application as well.

This is an additional request I think...but I am not sure it correlates to being admitted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nixipixi said:

I am applying for the EE PhD program and I had to send originals as part of my application as well.

This is an additional request I think...but I am not sure it correlates to being admitted.

nixipixi, are you an international student? And has this request appeared on your applyweb status page too? (I agree it should not be correlated to being admitted at all because it appeared during interview week; I believe no decisions should have been made before a committee meeting at least, not sure though)

Edited by Auriolus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.