MPA/MPP Applications, Fall 2017 (Canada)

toward the ocean

Just an update for all of the MPPA at Carleton people.

I got this email today from the graduate advisor:

"The admissions committee has reviewed all the files.  I will be submitting the proposed funding offers to Grad studies this week.  Offers should begin to be sent out next week.

I WILL be recommending your admission." 

So we should start seeing changes in Carleton Central to  "Review in Progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs" :D 

6 hours ago, BA00 said:

Thanks! I will most likely accept. The time / cost commitment at UofT is off-putting (plus, with the amount of applicants it seems difficult to get acceptance). 

Thought I would share my stats for those interested: Canadian Applicant (BA, MA), Undergrad cGPA: 3.9, Grad cGPA: 4.0, No previous policy experience. Research experience (TA/RA) 

Yeah that makes sense! Good luck at Queens and congrats again :)

On 2/27/2017 at 7:17 PM, BA00 said:

Hey guys - I applied to both UofT MPP & Queens MPA.

Just a heads up, I got accepted into Queen's MPA today via email (first choice due to program length).

Hey, I was wondering if you were offered any sort of funding? I'm jut curious as to get a better sense of what's out there. 

20 hours ago, Duplified said:

Just an update for all of the MPPA at Carleton people.

I got this email today from the graduate advisor:

"The admissions committee has reviewed all the files.  I will be submitting the proposed funding offers to Grad studies this week.  Offers should begin to be sent out next week.

I WILL be recommending your admission." 

So we should start seeing changes in Carleton Central to  "Review in Progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs" :D 

Congrats on your acceptance !

17 hours ago, Investigate311 said:

Hey, I was wondering if you were offered any sort of funding? I'm jut curious as to get a better sense of what's out there. 

In my offer letter it doesn't provide a funding amount, but explains that funding details will be available once the offer is accepted (and only to the strongest candidates).

I have already accepted my offer, so if and once I get more info, I will make sure to post.

1 hour ago, BA00 said:

Congrats on your acceptance !

Thank you! Im really curious to see what kind of funding packages the MPPA program will give, as I know they can go as high as 32k but also can provide around 5k. I will probably get that information next week :) I am also waiting on the Munk School and their MGA program which should be emailing first round offers in the next few days and the MPP program at U of T which should start sending them out in two weeks. Starting to get really anxious regarding Munk though. 

1 hour ago, elizabethzane said:

Accepted to Queen's by email today. I plan to accept, as it is my first choice due to program length. 

Congrats!!! Did you get a funding offer? Or is it still TBD? 

On 3/2/2017 at 6:43 PM, elizabethzane said:

Accepted to Queen's by email today. I plan to accept, as it is my first choice due to program length. 

Congrats! :) 

Just an FYI for people but my application for the Carleton MPPA has moved to "Review in progress by the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs." So offers should be out this week :D 

Hey everyone,

I'm applying to the UVIC MPA prorgram for the Fall 2017 semester. Has anyone else applied here? or heard anything about acceptances being sent out yet? I'm anxiously waiting for some word if I got accepted or not. I think waiting is harder than actually writing the application lol. 

Good luck to everyone!

On 2/25/2017 at 11:15 PM, toward the ocean said:

Any news from UVic or USask?

have you heard anything from UVic? or is it still "under review by department" for you?

50 minutes ago, toward the ocean said:

Still "under review...", what about you? Are you international student?

same here! I checked the UVic reddit page and they said the department is making decisions late Feb and early March, so hopefully within the next few weeks we'll know! and I'm a domestic student from BC! how about you?

4 hours ago, JLS15 said:

same here! I checked the UVic reddit page and they said the department is making decisions late Feb and early March, so hopefully within the next few weeks we'll know! and I'm a domestic student from BC! how about you?

I'm an international student. This waiting is killing me and it's getting harder and harder. You were right - waiting is harder than writing the application ))

Just an FYI but Carleton MPPA offers started getting sent out yesterday :) I got a 22k scholarship in my offer so am pretty happy, but still waiting on a few other programs before I make my decision. 

4 hours ago, Duplified said:

Just an FYI but Carleton MPPA offers started getting sent out yesterday :) I got a 22k scholarship in my offer so am pretty happy, but still waiting on a few other programs before I make my decision. 

Congratulations, you're doing really great :-)

3 hours ago, toward the ocean said:

Congratulations, you're doing really great :-)

Thank you! I was pretty surprised at the offer! However, I really want to see how everything else goes with the SPPG and the Munk school at U of T, but from what I can tell the MPPA program at Carleton has a lot going for it.