Welcome to the GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eno_R

UWO: deadline to accept is ???

1 post in this topic

This might sound like a really stupid question, but I don't know when the deadline to accept my UWO offer is. There is nothing about this on the departmental website OR on the graduate admissions website as far as I can tell. I emailed the grad admissions office, who told me to contact my department about the deadlines. The department contact person in turn told me that I can find all the information in the admission letter. But the deadline is not there! I checked the letter three times now: all it says in terms of dates is I need to complete any outstanding requirements (i.e. send official transcripts) a month before commencing my studies and get a study permit. I am a little afraid I'll annoy the program coordinator if I email them again. I also don't want to just poke around on the portal because the system UWO uses is not the most user-friendly, what if I accidentally reply to my offer before I am ready? 

So what do I do now? Wait a while before asking again? The programs I have not heard from yet release the decisions very late, in early May, so I really need to know if I can wait this long before deciding.

Western folk out there, when was/is your deadline to accept? Is it universal across the university? I am not sure: is April 15th a thing in Canada?  Does it matter if your offer is funded/unfunded?