Economic Sociology at B-Schools vs Sociology Departments

European Lumpi

So I've been wondering if anybody in this forum could attest towards the differences of studying economic sociology (/ its synonyms and/or subfields) at a business school vs at a sociology department a little bit? E.g. how would MiT's economic sociology program compare to studying sociology with a focus on econ soc at, let's say, Berkeley or Harvard.  Whilst browsing through forums, I've seen people hinting towards the b-school PhD's being rather rushed and more focused on organizational soc, whilst also having "better" job opportunities in the end. The classic departments on the other hand supposedly give you more freedom in choosing your (sub-)field, probably have you go through the classics more in depth, and, obviously, allow you to venture further outside into other realms of sociology as well. As far as I was able to judge (in my, granted, very novice understanding) most of the more renowned names in econ soc still seem to be found at the sociology departments (with potential secondary appointments at the b-schools). Has anybody here made firsthand experiences with the topic or talked to people about it?

I hope other people are interested in this as well and that I haven't missed a blatantly similar post on the matter.

-Lumpi