Jump to content

genderboi

Members
  • Posts

    70
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by genderboi

  1. Same. Duke had their open house for admitted candidates this weekend so I'm sure rejections should be coming soon.
  2. Yep, they notify late(r) than other programs too, at least in previous years. It says on their website: Please note: the Graduate English Department does not conduct interviews for prospective students, nor do we send out information regarding our program to prospective students.
  3. What program are you talking about? UPenn English doesn't do interviews. Not sure about Comp Lit
  4. Emailed SSHRC. Said letters will be mailed out "sometime next week."
  5. Another weekend of waiting until the mail comes again on Monday. This process is torture.
  6. Michigan rejection just came in!
  7. Same, with email!
  8. Did you email to inquire?
  9. Yes, I guess they are doing flat out rejections tomorrow...
  10. Ugh just when I had given up hope on Chicago I see a bunch of rejections posted today and I didn't get one... not sure what to think! Has anyone been notified about being on some kind of waitlist?
  11. I think if you know you'll be turning it down they would actually prefer you to cancel the visit, and as you said, allow another student the opportunity to consider accepting. From my limited experience applying to masters programs a couple of years ago professors completely understand that top candidates will likely have multiple offers and have to turn down certain schools. Finally, I think they, as a program, have to accept the consequences of organizing a visit before so many other programs have gotten back to applicants. Best of luck making a decision!
  12. No, I didn't end up getting an interview!
  13. Congrats! You've got some serious offers to consider! And @TPSL I got the initial mysterious email, but alas, I too have now given up hope.
  14. Someone want to claim the Chicago acceptance? Congrats! Did the website update?
  15. Thanks for the updates. Good luck everyone! It looks like decisions always go out next week, so fingers crossed.
  16. If its a funded grad program they can't force you to make a decision until April 15th, so long as they agreed to that date (most schools do).
  17. Thanks! Congrats!
  18. Just heard back from Rutgers... conditional acceptance if I get external funding (I have applied and am awaiting results)
  19. I realized my address was wrong! :S I've emailed them. Hopefully they just will just tell me if I was rejected vs sending another letter! Thanks for the info.
  20. @quietman sorry my quotes dont seem to be working. Sorry to hear about your rejection... it is strange as Fulbright told me notifications would be going out early Feb just last week. How did they notify you, if you dont mind me asking. I also applied for the traditional award and have not heard anything!
  21. Still nothing! Waiting one more hour before giving up all hope...
  22. No the wait is killing me! Did you!?
  23. @kitzi94 thanks, wising you best of luck with the crapshoot that is this (awful) process!
  24. Rutgers interview invite just got sent out.
  25. Thanks! Yes, hopefully better news to come. I find this admission statistics chart really useful, too! https://gradschool.duke.edu/about/statistics/literature-phd-admissions-and-enrollment-statistic
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use