sierra918
Members-
Posts
181 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by sierra918
-
I would totally go to China! What an amazing opportunity! You're an Anthropology major, right? Do you do cultural anthropology? If so, I imagine that this will look amazing on your applications if you choose to re-apply. Actually, it will look amazing regardless of your subfield, in my opinion. I say go for it
-
I spent more than 6 months on my proposal, so yes, I'm very sad!!! This is how it goes in academia though. There's no way to know how some things will turn out. I can't even apply again, but at least I have a good template for future grant proposals. Plus, I got into the program of my dreams. So, I try hard to see the positive when I'm upset. I know that can be easier said than done though!
-
That's exactly how I felt!! My 3rd reviewer accused me of using local workers as slave labor. I couldn't help but chuckle at that one!
-
Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you! While you may have gotten lucky with reviewers, you wouldn't have gotten it unless you had a really great proposal. You've earned it ?
-
I had a very similar third review!
-
Apparently! My first two reviewers had awesome things to say, but the last one all but told me I should switch fields ? Such is life!
-
No I don't believe that they do.
-
Not awarded-E/E, VG/E, F/G Congratulations to all the awardees!!!!!!
-
FYI: for those of you concerned about your gpa, I found several awardees on past forums who had 3.3 gpa or lower, so don't fret! On a side note, I wish I could sleep!
-
We aren't. We are only judged against other applicants applying under the loophole in our field ? They didn't give much space to explain it, did they? I used a short paragraph, so hopefully that sufficed. Thank you ?
-
Last year, 2 people in my field got it that way. I'm also applying under the same loophole. I think there are just fewer of us applying. Good luck!!
-
I included headings, but I'm not sure it helped. 6.5 hours til we find out!
-
Best of luck to you anyway!!
-
Don't give up hope just yet! Someone has to get awarded, after all!
-
I'm definitely setting an alarm!!!
-
Is time just creeping by for everyone else? Just me??
-
This is also my first and only shot! I do believe that data exists, but I'm not sure where to find it. I think someone else posted it in this forum though.
-
Not me! I work full-time and don't start classes until the Fall, so I suppose I can be as unproductive as I please Plus, my kids are asleep, which never happens this early!
-
I wish I could pull it off! I'm not as young as I used to be though, and I have to work tomorrow. I'm going to hang in as long as I can though
-
Agreed, Neist!! Surely, several people on this Forum will get it, and we can all be very happy for them
-
I already have an M.A., so this is my only shot unfortunately. I don't think you should give up hope just yet though. You could still get it this year!
-
I'm fairly certain that only US institutions can accept the GRFP. I would consult with the NSF to be certain.
-
Haha! You read my mind!!! We might have issues ?
-
Haha! I'm glad I'm not the only one looking at this from all angles ?
