Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About TheGingerSnap

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Application Season
    Not Applicable
  • Program

Recent Profile Visitors

278 profile views
  1. Hi guys, Has anyone of you been urged by the POI/ graduate director to make the final decision before the global deadline (April 15)? My POI, who's also the graduate director, has sent out two separate emails so far asking me to decide before March 1, despite the deadline was listed as April 15 in the offer letter. I am still waiting for another school's funding decisions, and can't really make the final decisions before March. Do you think I should tell POI the truth and ask them to give me more time? What's gonna happen if I wait until April to make the decisions?
  2. Thank you so much for your answer and the helpful advice! It is a two-year program, and my POI has indicated that he would fund me throughout the two years. In terms of application, I believe my biggest weakness is the lack of research experience in the field, so completing this two-year program first seems like the best choice for me at this moment. Thanks again!!!
  3. Hello all, Thank you for your reply in advance! I am a 2017 fall PhD applicant who received all rejections, but was offered funded MAs instead. I clearly overestimated myself last year, because I was aiming the top-notch schools with my BA and one-year, non-thesis MA out of the US. Starting with an MA seems like a correct path, so I have decided to take the offer. That means I will be attending to an MA program 2017 fall. Since PhD is my final destination, I am considering if it's possible or even ethical to re-apply to the 2018 fall PhD programs this year (during my first semester as an MA student)? Here's a few things that I am concerned of: 1. Is it possible that I could ask for LORs from professors in the MA program? If I'm applying 2018 fall, I will need their letters by November 2017, which may not give them enough time to know me well. 2. Is it ethical to ask for LORs from professors in the program that I am attending to? I will, of course, apply to the PhD program at the same department, but I will definitely apply for more programs. With that being said, if I am admitted to other programs, it means I will leave the current MA program without graduation. Is it bad to ask professors to do so? 3. When I asked the graduate coordinator about re-applying to the PhD program 2018 fall, she told me that my application will be reviewed with the 2018 fall applicant pool, and my MA credits cannot be transferred to the PhD program. It makes me thinking that if I got into a new PhD program, will my first-year MA credits be accepted? Or is it just this school? You might be wondering why I am rushing through re-applying in 2018 fall. The reason is that I already got an MA degree in the same field but with different concentration, then I worked full-time for another two years. Now that I am determined to do PhD, I do not want to waste any time doing another MA. It would be great if you could share with me your opinions. Any suggestions or advices are appreciated! Thanks a lot!
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.