ahhhscreaming
Members-
Posts
60 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
2
Everything posted by ahhhscreaming
-
I’m very happy with my choice! I’m always pro-public colleges for affordability and I very much believe what you put into the program you get back. I went to a SUNY for undergrad as well. I’ve been very very busy this semester, but a lot of that is because I live on campus and just preferred to be in my studio over my dorm, so I got a lot done. My work has changed so so much in just one semester because of it. The faculty are wonderful and give so much insight. The other students are incredibly supportive as well. The faculty really push us to show our work and help find ways outside of the school (we get emails about good opportunities to think about for post-grad from the MFA chair). I was even able to have my work shown internationally because of them! If you’re interested in higher education as a job, you take a course on education your first semester then TA for two semesters and you’re able to teach your own courses the second year, but for non-art majors. I’m on this path but I know of people who don’t want to teach at all so they’re electives instead. I’m currently in the dual degree, a lot of people in my cohort are. I don’t have much to say on the art history component because I’ve only had one class in it so far. People take an art history course once a semester for the first two years then the third year, when the MFA is done, it’s all art history. Sorry for the wall of a response! But I couldn’t be happier with my choice to attend here. If you have any more questions feel free to reach out! : )
-
Hi all, I'm a first year at Purchase's MFA/MA program. If anyone is interested in this program and wants to learn more please feel free to reach out!
-
Is there anyone else keeping an eye on the Grad Plus Loan situation?
-
I’m not sure tbh! I was told by an alumni that the program it’s very residency-like. I did hear from the other program after my interview multiple times in the short period between my acceptance and interview.
-
My interview was a tour that I requested. I’m local to the area so I wanted to see before I applied. So yeah, they stopped contacting me after the tour/interview in late October. Then everyone else heard back early March so I assumed I was rejected, but hadn’t heard anything. When I reached out and they told me I was accepted, they forgot to change the dates and tried to play it off. It does feel all very weird though!!
-
I actually toured with the school before and it took a while to schedule with multiple cancellations (through no one’s direct fault, just a lot of illnesses on both sides). I’ve talked to people who went there and they loved it, but what they’re doing now doesn’t really line up with what I want, or they aren’t even working in the field. I found out students were accepted/waitlisted much earlier this month. I reached out, expecting a rejection, and that’s how I found out they forgot about me. It’s possible it’s some dysfunction but not critical? I’m not sure really. I’m leaning towards my original decision even with the debt
-
So, I have a weird situation. What would you do if a school forgot to tell you that you were accepted? Cause it’s rly putting me off a program. I already put my deposit down somewhere else that I love, but I’d graduate debt-free (besides undergrad) to the program that forgot me. I’d appreciate any opinions : )
-
I don’t want to cause a panic but I’m seeing in other programs (mostly sciences/phds) schools are rescinding acceptances for those who haven’t put down their deposit yet because of funding cuts. I don’t know if this will happen with fine arts as well
-
Good luck! You could email them to check in if you haven’t already
-
I never got an email but I checked my portal and the rejection was there about a month ago
-
Btw if you want to PM me about this feel free to if you don’t want to keep talking on the forum! I’m assuming Ohio will get back to you shortly. On a personal note, I’ve heard great things about Indiana’s program, so incase things end up going that way, you’ll be in good hands! I hope Ohio works out.
-
I had a conversation with someone a couple days ago and during my interview and it seems like the money I was given is most likely to be secure. I’m afraid of being definite incase I jinx myself lol.. My program isn’t fully funded anyways but it’s on the more affordable side of most programs. Are Indiana and Ohio your top choices?
-
Put down my deposit for suny purchase : ) fingers crossed funding doesn’t get pulled or some other unfortunate thing happens
-
I’m leaning towards SUNY Purchase! It was one of the three SUNYs put on the list. I’m sure if you communicate with them your concerns they’ll understand. I’m not sure how far these threats to cut funding will go either. It could get held up, or even threaten more schools than what was already on the list. It’s an unfortunate scenario and I wish you the best of luck!
-
The school I was planning on attending is also on the list. I’m sure right now they’re just as lost as us.. we may have to wait and see what happens
-
Nvm found someone who got accepted lol
-
General question, is there any chance acceptances go out after waitlists? Cause someone I know got waitlisted to a program I applied to and I haven’t heard anything. I’m assuming I’ve been rejected from this program and I’m kinda surprised! I know it’s super unlikely that I’ll hear something positive after this tho
-
This is my second round! I didn’t apply to any of the schools as last time bc I realized I focused more on prestige over what I wanted out of a program. This time I got into my top program. It’s 100% worth waiting until you get into the program that’s right for you. Just keep making work while you wait to apply again! I know it’s discouraging, but you’ll get there eventually
-
Yay!! Congrats!!
-
Same here!
-
Congrats! I got mine last night! Are you going to accepted students day?
-
Just got into my top choice program.. I think I’m in shock lol
-
Just received my Amherst rejection! Sorry if this sent multiple times, website is glitching for me
-
My Amherst portal just changed from “Awaiting Decision: Decision Pending” to “Decided: Decision Pending”. Guessing I’ll get that official rejection soon!
