Jump to content

Polisci882

Members
  • Posts

    130
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Polisci882

  1. Yeah. It was an email to check my portal, which had a rejection message.
  2. Just got rejected by UNC
  3. I applied there and haven’t gotten a decision yet
  4. Maybe I’m wrong about this, but it seems UNC admitted very few students this year. There’s a small group of acceptances that was posted at the end of January. But it does seem very few were admitted this year
  5. Oh dang. What exactly did the email say, if you don’t mind sharing? 😕
  6. Does anyone know when UNC rejections are going out? It’s almost March and I haven’t gotten a decision from them
  7. Rejected from JHU. American politics. I’m not mad about it. I’ve gotten other offers I was more interested in
  8. It seems that many public universities don’t offer as robust or competitive funding packages as some private universities do.
  9. For what it’s worth, I think Cornell is higher ranked for IR than Vanderbilt
  10. Is anyone with an offer for any subfield from UNC able to share when the visitation days are? It will help me gauge my likelihood of getting an offer from them at this point vs. not. Thank you!
  11. Yep I definitely got rejected then.
  12. Obviously, it’s easier said than done to not reach out. The waiting is certainly difficult, coupled with the fact that schools can release decisions when they want to, how they want to. But schools get tons of applicants, so I understand why.
  13. Well I almost definitely didn’t get in then, if the visits are this week
  14. Is anyone from any subfield with an offer from Georgetown able to share when the visit weekend is? If it’s coming up very soon, that means I probably got rejected haha
  15. I’m in a similar situation. I was interviewed and have not heard back. Did they mention in your interview when the visit days will be held? If they are upcoming, I think you can respectfully email and inquire about your decision, since you’ll want to be able to attend if you’re either admitted or waitlisted. I thought in my interview they said visit days would be at the end of February, so I’m worried that I haven’t heard back
  16. I got into Cornell!!! American politics
  17. Anyone gotten an offer from UNC or Georgetown for American politics? I’m still waiting to hear back from those schools
  18. You are in a league of your own with these acceptances! Congrats
  19. Has anyone heard back from Georgetown for American politics? I’ve seen some acceptances but they seem to be in other subfields
  20. Cornell should be coming out some day soon, UNC too. I honestly don’t know what’s going on with UNC
  21. If anyone did AP for Georgetown, have you gotten a decision yet? I’m still waiting
  22. I think the dress is more business casual (not especially formal, but also not informal). I’m a male, so I’m planning to pack button up/polo shirts and pants. Pack comfortable walking shoes too, as you’ll likely be on your feet for much of the day
  23. Does anyone have insight into what the faculty meetings on admitted student visitation weekends are for? I have a visit to a program this weekend and part of it is meeting with faculty. I assume it’s more of a casual chat and not an interview, considering I’ve been accepted already.
  24. It could mean any of the three decisions (you could still be admitted, waitlisted, or denied). PhD programs seemingly release decisions how they want to, when they want to.
  25. As difficult as this waiting process is, the general wisdom is to not email about applications. Hang in there!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use