Jump to content

taliaj

Members
  • Posts

    52
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    4

Everything posted by taliaj

  1. I know this is stupid, but there's a Missouri State acceptance in the Draft spreadsheet and now I'm panicking. It's from 20 minutes ago if that shows you how crazy I am, lol
  2. Anyone else apply to Missouri State? Mostly just curious if anyone knows more about the program than what their online sheet says. Their website hasn’t even updated to include the program haha
  3. That's what I figured. I had initially asked about fee waivers in an email, and the professor that returned my email said they were excited to answer any questions I had. I followed up with a few questions (just basics, about the vibe of the program and such) and when they replied they said, "I would love to answer any more questions if you have them!" and technically I do have more questions, but like you said, I don't want to be too much of a frequent emailer. Thanks for this! Sorry if that was a silly q.
  4. Okay, dumb question: if you're in contact with a school and enthusiastic about interest, could that increase your chances vs. another applicant who hadn't reached out? Meaning like, if it came down between the two for a spot, they might be more inclined to go with the one who had been in contact? I feel like that seems silly but I'm also overthinking. (Remember when I said I don't care if I get in? Lol)
  5. Yeah but their MFA application opened (I believe) post-March 1, and the website hasn’t been updated to even include the MFA program as offered by Missouri. I may just be grasping at straws but that was my reasoning for looking into the GAs.
  6. I hit yes and submitted a GA form just to be safe, but the actual form itself was hard to find so I’ll link it here: https://graduate.missouristate.edu/_Files/_GraduateAssistants/GraduateAssistantApplicationForm.pdf I believe it is fully funded, but the form wasn’t too hard to fill out and so I just figured I’d throw it in there also. (also I’m sorry if this sends twice! I don’t think my response to you was posted)
  7. Okay so I hit submit (AHHHH). For anyone wondering, they do not offer fee waivers. But hopefully this $72 does not go to waste!
  8. Hello!! I’m back on my bs and decided to last minute apply to Missouri State. No stress if I don’t get in, but I also just want to see if I can get in or if that could be something I pursue if I were to get accepted. I’m just waiting to see about a fee waiver before I hit submit. So now I’m joining the waiting anxiety of this year!
  9. Back on my nonsense of "I'm only applying to one school this year and am going to check the portal obsessively until April 15th." Though my sample this year is SO MUCH stronger than last year's, I hope they don't even remember me applying last year because I'm so insecure about what I submitted. I toss and turn at night worried that they'll think my new, better writing is just a fluke and not the result of a lot of hard work in the past year. Like, part of me thinks I should mention this in my personal statement (the working a lot harder this year to get better), but again, I don't want to bring up my last year's application. Anyways. Good luck all!
  10. So cool that you're Italian! My grandmother is from Sicily (lives in the US now) but I've never been over there. I know the language fairly well (better with writing than speaking). I'm rooting for you! I couldn't speak to the probability of getting in to those programs (or any program really, I only applied to one school and it isn't one on your list), but as a 24 year old applicant I totally understand the "feeling young" thing. I worry that it might play against me, but realistically I know that's not the case. Good luck!
  11. Anyone know anything about OU's MA in English? I posted the same question in Draft but wanted to ask here as well. Thanks!
  12. I'm only applying to fully funded programs also! I definitely couldn't afford it without some sort of funding. The top choices I have at the moment are UMinn, Boise State, Vanderbilt, and Northwestern. I'm leaning a bit more towards Northwestern due to the MA + MFA aspect, but I would be very, VERY happy at any one of these four. There are a few others on my list but these are my top ones. Would love to hear about others' choices, and how everyone is getting along before application season kicks fully into gear!
  13. Hey all! Glad this forum is up so early as it feeds into my neuroses, haha! I'm starting early this year since it's my first time really applying to MFAs; last year I only applied to Boise State. This year I'll likely be applying to Cornell University, University of Minnesota - Minneapolis, Boise State University, Vanderbilt University, University of Iowa, Colorado State University, University of Colorado - Boulder, and University of Notre Dame. I'm thinking of adding two more in order to make it an even 10, but haven't figured all that out yet. I'll be applying for fiction. Would love to chat with fellow applicants and go crazy together as we wait through this application season!
  14. Aw man, I'm sorry! Thanks for the info, though! Did they send it to you or was it just a portal update? Sorry for all the questions!
  15. Anyone heard ANYTHING on Boise State? I feel like it's highly unlikely that all of us who applied didn't hear a word/didn't get in, but I'm sure it's possible. I sent an email recently but so far nothing.
  16. Oh okay, that makes sense! I've been looking into it but haven't found much in terms of their funding or anything like that; maybe I'm looking in the wrong spots. Thanks!
  17. Does anyone know anything about Naropa? Is it worth applying, do we think? Their full res is still open for applications according to their website, as is low-res. Just wondering how people feel about it/what we know about it.
  18. Hello! I have been MIA from this forum for a bit, but as the Boise Expert (jk, I'm just all up in BSU's grill because it's the one school I applied to) as far as I know of, nobody has heard back from fiction. At least, nobody from this forum, GradCafe in general, or the Draft facebook group, or anywhere else that I can see. Mitch from BSU said they were going to email people in the coming week, but that email was sent March 6th, and I believe he was referring to last week, which is making me think, since nothing came out then, we should expect to hear maybe this week? But maybe I'm just holding out hope. I hope this made sense!
  19. Long shot--anyone heard back from BSU yet? I was told likely this week but it's Thursday so 😕
  20. Hey! I totally feel you, I could only do 1 school and the waiting is killing me! What schools are you waiting to hear from? I was in a similar boat with BSU and so I finally bit the bullet and reached out. I think both sides of your point are valid, and I think it just all depends on the school. But I don't think asking will hurt your chances in any way (at least, for my sake, I hope not!) Good luck!
  21. I'm so honored to have read your story here! In a similar boat, not quite 25 yet (I'm 23) but my dad passed two years ago and he was a cheerleader like yours. He didn't go to college and barely finished high school, but he loved reading and I would always send him letters with stories when he was away. I just moved across the country and as such could only apply to one program (nearby) as I can't relocate again so close to having just moved (and I'm really happy where I am currently so I'm not sure if I'd want to). I haven't heard back yet, and my hopes aren't high, but hearing your (and everyone else's) positive words have made me so happy! You guys are going to do amazing things, whether you got into your dream program or no program, or anywhere in between!
  22. Thank you! I honestly have very low hopes but part of me is just clinging to this spark of "maybe" and I need closure lol. Once I find out one way or another I can get on with my life. It's the only program I applied to as I can't relocate at present. But what's meant to be will be!
  23. It was fiction! I wanted to see if others had heard from fiction before I get too nervous lol. I was thinking about reaching out, I just don't know if that hurts my chances at all. Thank you for replying, and I hope you get a good call from Iowa today!
  24. Is anyone else waiting on Boise at all? I've asked this already, but it's not as popular as some of the other schools so I don't know if there's anyone else in here who would post about fiction or even know about Gradcafe at all (besides one other person I've talked to on here). Last year I think people heard back in February, so I feel like I'm going crayz. The waiting is KILLING me, and I know at least I'm not alone in that, regardless of school!
  25. Yeah, that’s what I’m hoping.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use