Jump to content

impatientjoy

Members
  • Posts

    76
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by impatientjoy

  1. Does anyone have any insight into Idaho or Colorado state for poetry?? Just found out I have a fully funded spot at each and really stuck between the two.
  2. Quick question! I have a school requesting an answer by end of day today for their GTAship position. I’m still waiting to hear back from one of my top schools re the waitlist. Last we spoke, they seemed confident they would have a spot for me. Is it possible to say yes to the school asking for a quick answer and changing my mind before/on the 15th? I hate to do that but it’s feeling really difficult to make a decision without all of the information yet
  3. Folks have mentioned that being at a program with fully funded students while not being funded can create weird spaces. Does anyone have more information on this? Starting to consider my top school without funding while keeping my full time freelance job that is really reliable and quite easy. It’s a much more livable wage than teaching. I also have taught before and am not eager to return to it. I already work in a writing field I love, and I’ve been balancing creative writing and working for a long time now. I have other funded offers, but I feel such a pull towards this program. My biggest hesitancy right now is the worry that I won’t be integrated or that the program will treat those with funding differently.
  4. Has anyone ever heard of a situation where someone was initially told all funding offers were accepted but then a spot opens up on or around the 15th (like someone changes their mind)? Trying to decide if holding onto hope is pointless lol (accepted into the program, waitlisted for funding)
  5. I found out today that a GTA position opened up at one of my programs, which is so exciting!! They want an answer though before the normal deadline so they have time to fill the GTA position should I say no. I’m super interested in the program!! However, I’m on the waitlist and waitlisted for funding at two other schools I’m really interested in. I told myself I would wait until April 15th to see what happens but this funding position complicates that. Would love any advice!
  6. Did anyone ever hear from NC state about poetry waitlists? Lol it’s so odd that schools wait so long to send out rejections!
  7. Feeling a bit confused about Idaho! I’m on their waitlist and they communicated they had 1-3 spots for poetry. But it seems like in the rejection email that went out, they told people there’s only one poetry spot? Just curious if anyone has insight into this. Idaho is my top program, but if there’s only one poetry spot, it feels pretty unlikely that I’ll see movement off the waitlist.
  8. I feel like some schools are really delayed in sending waitlists and rejections?? Wondering if that is having a domino effect on waitlists and that’s why we aren’t seeing as much movement around waitlists?
  9. The waitlist game is brutal!!
  10. Just here to say we really don’t know what’s happening behind the scenes!! I had assumed a rejection from Montana based on the draft sheet, but I just got my call from Sean Hill!! Really helped reframe the whole process for me and reminded me I should wait for confirmation from schools instead of assuming! On the waitlist for funding so fingers crossed others say no!!
  11. Does anyone have any experience / knowledge about NAU’s MFA program? (I feel good about my knowledge of flagstaff, so I’m mostly looking for a look at the program itself :))
  12. Out of curiosity, how did you go about asking where you are on the waitlist for your schools? Would love to know where I sit for one of my schools in particular that’s a top choice!
  13. Has anyone else gotten weird vibes from CSU? It seems like they really do treat those w funding offers differently
  14. Does anyone have any experience or know anything about the idaho waitlist??
  15. It looks like nc state poetry was just super delayed!! someone just posted in the draft!
  16. Starting to realize that I most want to go to a program where I’m currently waitlisted! Ahhh!! Ready for waitlist movement
  17. Just realized all the schools I’m waiting on go on spring break next week lol surely they will notify ppl beforehand??
  18. NC state feels so confusing!! Part of me is starting to think they did already notify poetry acceptances / waitlists & just none of the people are on draft. The past data didn’t make it seem like they notified genres this far apart?? But I’m in the same boat wondering where they might be lol
  19. At what point are folks assuming rejections from the places you haven’t heard from? A little unsure how late schools truly notify initial acceptances / waitlists
  20. Will some schools wait until next week?? This week fees quieter than I expected
  21. Can someone let Montana know I’m having a tough day & good news from them would really help? 🙃
  22. It seems like CU Boulder reached out to folks but maybe don’t have as much capacity for funding this year?
  23. Anyone else thinking we’ll hear from a lot schools this week? 👀
  24. Obviously idk for sure!! But it does seem odd that we wouldn’t see an acceptance or a waitlist on draft for poetry
  25. Could it have something to do w funding?
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use