PI Follow up regarding accommodations

Timemachines

Does anyone know if it is customary to cc a PI on an email regarding arrivals/departures and accommodations surrounding an interview? I had a PI very kindly reach out to inquire of my arrival and if I secured lodging and Im concerned that it was an oversight on my part for not including her in my response to the graduate students organizing accommodations (I more so just didnt want to bog her down with minute details). I especially dont want to make this mistake multiple times - thank you!

You can if you want to... I don't think it would hurt if anything.

That being said, if you feel bad you can just express that you thought that your confirmation to the grad students would have been relayed to the PI and you are sorry for the oversight. Most PIs do this just because they do genuinely care, I believe. :)

1 hour ago, TakeruK said:

No, I wouldn't generally copy the PI on such emails. It's nice that the PI reached out to make sure you're all set but you shouldn't interpret it as though they expected you to have done so and you did something wrong. You did nothing wrong :) 

Thanks so much for the feedback, I'm being a bit overly analytical in anticipation of interviews

15 hours ago, Timemachines said:

Thanks so much for the feedback, I'm being a bit overly analytical in anticipation of interviews

I quickly learned after starting grad school that usually when students try to guess hidden meanings behind a professor's email, we often over-interpret things and get it wrong! Most professors will let you know if they want you to change something.