waiting for 12/1 deadline admission.

Wiesbaden

Are there people who are waiting for universities like USC or GWU? The deadline was Dec.1, 2017 but there are no notification or messages for the admission. 

Although funding is the most important part of the admission process, I just want to know about the admission itself, and I want to share this feeling of anxiety. 

P.S: I finished the application of UTD on Jan 8 but the university accepts the application within only two weeks!. I received an unofficial letter yesterday from the university. Is it possible...? How do you think about this university (School of Economic, Political, and Policy Sciences). 

Regardless of due date (12/1, 12/15, 12/20, etc), it is highly unlikely that any program started reviewing applications before winter break - faculty are busy with all of the usual end-of-semester tasks. Therefore, it's not necessarily the case that the first programs to which you applied will be the first to get back to you.

Regarding UT-Dallas: They really do have a great faculty, and Dallas is a fun city. Probably not a good place to go if you are hoping for a tenure track job, as indicated by their placement page. I would hold out for other options.

In a different field, but interestingly for me: 

- One of my last application deadlines (1/1) returned results the earliest (around 1/20)

- My earliest application deadline (12/1) did not return results for anyone until mid-March.

On 1/18/2018 at 7:29 PM, Wiesbaden said:

P.S: I finished the application of UTD on Jan 8 but the university accepts the application within only two weeks!. I received an unofficial letter yesterday from the university. Is it possible...? How do you think about this university (School of Economic, Political, and Policy Sciences). 

I had applied to UTD (PhD in Public Policy and Political Economy) on November 30th , and was notified on December 14th via email from the School of Economic, Political, and Policy Sciences that I was admitted. Official acceptance letter came on December 15th. The deadline for UTD was January 15th for the program, that's why I was quite surprised about the timeline as well. I suspect they do rolling reviews of applications as they come in. So I think your admission is definitely possible.

Edited by hp88

2 hours ago, hp88 said:

I had applied to UTD (PhD in Public Policy and Political Economy) on November 30th , and was notified on December 14th via email from the School of Economic, Political, and Policy Sciences that I was admitted. Official acceptance letter came on December 15th. The deadline for UTD was January 15th for the program, that's why I was quite surprised about the timeline as well. I suspect they do rolling reviews of applications as they come in. So I think your admission is definitely possible.

Oh. I got it. The univ. is mysterious since there is no student in the field of PoliSci on the website. If I go, I am the only student.(Yep. Maybe it is outdated)

33 minutes ago, Wiesbaden said:

Oh. I got it. The univ. is mysterious since there is no student in the field of PoliSci on the website. If I go, I am the only student.(Yep. Maybe it is outdated)

Oh! I see what you mean now! In my memory, there were students for every department when I applied to it (including PoliSci). But looking at the site now, the department has indeed did some update on the system, and many of the other "current students" that I saw for my program were also no longer listed! I am not sure what is going on too. Perhaps give it a few more days and you should see some "new" faces there. ;)

• 2 weeks later...