MS or MA in Audiology

halil ibrahim

Hello,  I am an international student having audiology undergraduate degree from Turkey and have some questions about audiology degrees in the USA. I have searched the schools by myself , however, I don't understand clearly. All universities are offering audiology degrees under speech language &communication sciences & disorders & hearing sciences. Can I do a master in Audiology under speech language pathology or hearing science after finding advisor from the university? If they offer me master or phd degree, will schools give me a lot of courses due to my audiology background? Please help me.

An AUD (doctorate) is required to become an Audiologist in the United States so I don't believe you will have any luck finding Masters programs here. It's a bit confusing, but the undergraduate degree here is called "Communication Sciences and Disorders" which means us aspiring AUDs have to take the same classes as a speech language path student. I believe these majors were combined at the undergrad level since SLPs and AUDs work closely with each other in speech and hearing clinics. They are very different from each other of course. In the doctorate program in graduate school, you will not be taking speech classes. You will be focusing on AUD courses to prepare you for the field. We are however required at most schools to have about 10 hours of slp clinicals and I think SLP's have to do the same. But that's pretty short. Hope this helps!