Are emails from Harvard Extension school a bad sign?

LeraK

@LeraK I am pretty confident they don't mean anything. When you took the GRE, you probably opted-in for letting schools contact you, and that's where they're from. I am also getting lots of Harvard Extension School emails, and I didn't apply to Harvard.

I can confirm I also started getting a bunch of emails from Harvard Extension School around the time I started applying for graduate programs. I did not apply to Harvard University and don't know how I got on their mailing list. I must have inadvertently clicked a checkbox somewhere. :)

9 hours ago, LeraK said:

I applied to Harvard's PhD program for history, and now I am getting emails from the Extension school. Can someone calm my nerves and tell me that it doesn't mean that I am getting rejected from the PhD program?

Harvard is weird, and its various schools are more like a British model than an American one.  But that means that GSAS and HES don't share resources or applications, so no worries.

You probably got on the mailing list when you took the GRE.

Sidebar: I keep on getting emails from Stanford's hospital, asking if I want to be in a medical study and every time I see Stanford in the sender I have a mini heart attack. 

:D:D Omg! Took my GRE 3 years ago, and just started applying to schools this year. Did not apply to Harvard. Hardvard X is definitely also in my inbox now that I'm waiting for answers from my applications. It's the google/facebook/apple world we live in. I'm convinced now that Harvard X has targeted people applying to graduate schools.
While it's not a sign from Harvard University directed at you, I also took it as a sign from a higher power. LOL