Do I need to send non-degree transcripts?

jackofclubs

Hey guys,

So I applied to a bunch of MA/PhD programs and submitted everything on time. This morning I got an email from U Nevada Reno asking for transcripts from my one semester at UMass Amherst as well as from two other schools (one was from a field school and one was the local community college that I took classes with during high school) Since these were all accepted by my undergrad institution already and the transfer credits were already in my transcript that I sent out to Grad programs, I didn’t think I needed to send them out. 

I sent them to Reno, but do I have to send them to the other schools now too? Honestly the thought hadn’t crossed my mind until now. 

That depends on the program.  I also forgot to submit a prior transcript that was already reported on the transcript at the institution where I graduated.   One school emailed and asked for the transcript, but several other schools I contacted told me that it wasn't necessary.  If you're not sure, contact the other schools.  

Like Itr317 said, it depends on the program. Most schools have requirements listed on their admissions page. Some want official transcripts (from every institution) initially. Others may only want them once you’ve been accepted and may base their decision on unofficial transcripts. Since most schools send transcripts for free, it doesn’t hurt to go ahead and send official ones, though this can be tedious depending on the amount of applied schools and attended schools/programs. When in doubt just contact someone in the graduate department, or your POI, for verification.