Vanderbilt - Peabody

dhc27

FYI to PhD applicants, I emailed the contact for the department and she said letters were to go out "very shortly." She also told me that I was rejected (no surprise) as she assumed I needed that information to make other decisions (I did).

Anyway, FWIW, all PhD applicants should receive letters very soon!

• 2 weeks later...

>>>Heard anything yet? I am waiting for Special Ed as well, and no news---what concentration did you apply for?

I am also in Special Ed but I found out at the end of January that I got in but I am high-incidence

Even though I have already accepted an offer to another program, I decided to give Vanderbilt a call recently because I had not heard anything at all about my application (I am ready to wrap this process up). I was told that two rounds of rejections have already gone out and that one or two rounds of acceptances have gone out (I can't recall if the person in admissions said one or two). The admissions officer told me this means I am in a "holding pattern". The accepted applicants have until April 15th to accept or reject their offer and if necessary the committee will reconvene after April 15th to decide if they want to make any more offers (was told that this probably won't be likely). I interpret this as being on a wait list and likely not making it off of the wait list. Hopefully this information is helpful for those of you still waiting. I applied to the Leadership, Policy, and Organizations PhD program, so I am not sure if this information is applicable to other departments. 

Edited by EW33

• 2 weeks later...