CUNY Hunter- MSW program wait

Katie_MSW

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, UIC2018 said:

Hello. I just checked my status. Interview pending, but I haven't received interview details. Any guidance or interview tips appreciated!

this is probably a dumb question but how did you check your status?

• 3 weeks later...

Denied after interview. Def knew I bombed it. No worries.  Decided before the interview I wouldn’t be attending but already booked my non refundable ticket so I went ahead with the interview. Interviewed on Monday at 11:00 and received the decision the same day. Ouch. 

On 3/3/2018 at 9:17 AM, UIC2018 said:

Hello. I just checked my status. Interview pending, but I haven't received interview details. Any guidance or interview tips appreciated!

Hey! Have you received interview details yet? 

On 3/22/2018 at 3:43 PM, UIC2018 said:

Denied after interview. Def knew I bombed it. No worries.  Decided before the interview I wouldn’t be attending but already booked my non refundable ticket so I went ahead with the interview. Interviewed on Monday at 11:00 and received the decision the same day. Ouch. 

Oh no! Now I'm nervous. What type of questions did they asked? 

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry just now seeing this. Hopefully interview went well for you. 

I found the interview to be less about the questions and more about the process behind getting to an answer. 

1. Tell about yourself and experiences in relation to social work. Why social work? Why hunter?

2. What is your social identity and how will it affect relationship to clients 

3. A client cooks lunch for you, what goes through your thought process. Your actual answer is not important but your thought process is. 

The entire interview felt like a Portlandia episode of someone interviewing for a social work program. Go in confidant why you want to go to Hunter! I wasn’t and it clearly showed. 

Hello everyone, I just found this thread.

My application was submitted and complete on 4/13 and my status has said pending program decision since a day after it was submitted. I haven't received any email for interview or any calls. Should I call them and ask about it? Do I just keep waiting it out? Idk if they're actually waiting to give me my decision or if my application just automatically went to pending decision and no one has manually changed it to pending interview.

Also, UIC2018, I take it your username means you're attending UIC's 2018 fall program? Or maybe you're graduating from UIC soon? I'm graduating from here soon and was accepted into the 2 year program. I plan on going here if it's a no from Hunter.