OSU ADMITS

I have been wondering the same thing. It looks like a few are not internal applicants. I'm not sure what's going on, does anyone know if they're done making offers? I am very frightened!

I don't have a whole lot of contact with external applicants (if any). So, I'm not sure on that count. But I will say that my acceptance was internal (and as I understand it, they took care of all internal applications today).

Best of luck.

I don't have a whole lot of contact with external applicants (if any). So, I'm not sure on that count. But I will say that my acceptance was internal (and as I understand it, they took care of all internal applications today).

Best of luck.

Thank you! I know I really appreciate any info on the OSU front. Congrats on your acceptance!! :)

I'm an internal applicant and was accepted today. They previously sent out all fellowship offers, to my understanding. Internal applicants were in the same pool as externals but not eligible for fellowships, which explains the time delay between these two sets of acceptances. That said, since they've notified internally that means they've made all of their non-fellowship decisions, but not that they've notified anyone who is not an internal applicant. I'd say external folks will hear very soon.

I was an external applicant and was notified of my acceptance in late January. I think the external admittances were just notified early because they were nominated for a graduate-wide fellowship (not English Department based).

Don't worry! I don't think they have even started the majority of their notifications!

w2010 - yes, all fellowship decisions were made in late January. This, however, does not cover all external applicants, as a good deal receive TAships. My understanding is that all decisions have been made -- though I do not know if the external non-fellowship applicants have been notified yet.

I was an external applicant and was notified of my acceptance in late January. I think the external admittances were just notified early because they were nominated for a graduate-wide fellowship (not English Department based).

Don't worry! I don't think they have even started the majority of their notifications!

Edited by straightshooting