I’ve been admitted to a program...how do I inquire about funding?

Ilikekitties

I was admitted to a MA program today, but no info regarding funding was included in the admit letter. 

The grad school website lists grad assistant ships, fellowships, and scholarships as its sources of funding (some are institutional and some are external). Website says to contact specific department for info on availability.

How should I inquire about funding? Just write something like “hello, I’ve been admitted to XX program and I’m interested in finding out more about assistantship and other funding opportunities?”

Edited by GameofLoans16

That sounds like fine wording. Or if you got that admit letter from someone in the department, then you write back and say something like "Thank you for the great news!" and follow that up with your question about funding. You are entirely within your rights to ask, so don't feel like you're doing anything wrong. And congrats! 

3 minutes ago, fuzzylogician said:

That sounds like fine wording. Or if you got that admit letter from someone in the department, then you write back and say something like "Thank you for the great news!" and follow that up with your question about funding. You are entirely within your rights to ask, so don't feel like you're doing anything wrong. And congrats! 

Ok :)