Do you think Adcoms Read This Stuff?

eastcoastdude123

• 2 weeks later...

I was just wondering if anyone else thought they did. I like to think that they don't, because if I were on an admissions committee, I wouldn't want to, it would just make me feel bad about the whole process.

I think this forum is for those who are neurotic and unsure about the process, so yes maybe there is the possibility that an adcom from a mid-level program that wants to know if a certain student is being honest when they say, "oh yes you are my top choice but I'm not ready to accept an offer just yet." I know there is likely some stress on the other end about getting commits from enough well-qualified candidates.

I think this forum is for those who are neurotic and unsure about the process, so yes maybe there is the possibility that an adcom from a mid-level program that wants to know if a certain student is being honest when they say, "oh yes you are my top choice but I'm not ready to accept an offer just yet." I know there is likely some stress on the other end about getting commits from enough well-qualified candidates.

Well, maybe, except for the fact that we're all ANONYMOUS. I can't imagine any adcom going to the trouble to piece together the tidbits of info we reveal to figure out which of their applicants piccgeek might be.

Yeah, I doubt any ad com would be able to know who we are unless we tell them...but just in the event that ad coms know (virtually impossible) who we are: I just want to to say "Please accept me into your program. I am a hard worker; great at sucking up and being friendly; and fun to have around. Plus, I give excellent presentations (and tell even better jokes). Pick me!!! (feel free to PM me if you need/want me to suck up a bit).