UT Austin MS Business Analytics- Fall'18

missanalytics

18 hours ago, missanalytics said:

Has anyone applied to UT Austin's MSBA for fall'18? How much time will it take to get decision on application once application status says: file transferred to graduate committee for review?

I applied. i havent received any notifications and i applied for round 2. My file has said "in review" since a couple days after the Jan 8 deadline. 

Edited by businessanalyticsgirl

9 hours ago, businessanalyticsgirl said:

I applied. i havent received any notifications and i applied for round 2. My file has said "in review" since a couple days after the Jan 8 deadline. 

I applied in round 2 too. my status is also in review but there's separate 'attention' note that appeared this week which says file forwarded to graduate committee for review.

23 minutes ago, missanalytics said:

I applied in round 2 too. my status is also in review but there's separate 'attention' note that appeared this week which says file forwarded to graduate committee for review.

hmm i just checked and  mine says that too, but i think it has for awhile. On the side it bar though it just says "in review" whereas the top of the page says "Forwarded to graduate committee for review." Did you do a video essay? has yours been viewed by them? I did a private one (only accessed w the link) so I know if they've viewed it and they havent. 

Edited by businessanalyticsgirl

11 minutes ago, businessanalyticsgirl said:

hmm i just checked and  mine says that too, but i think it has for awhile. On the side it bar though it just says "in review" whereas the top of the page says "Forwarded to graduate committee for review." Did you do a video essay? has yours been viewed by them? I did a private one (only accessed w the link) so I know if they've viewed it and they havent. 

Yes i did video interview but I don't have a way to check if it has been viewed by them or not. It only shows when it was accessed by me last.

3 minutes ago, businessanalyticsgirl said:

saaaaaaaame. This waiting game is torture though. 

exactly. especially when they say they'll reply back in xyz time but they don't. some people on the other thread did get response in 4 days. i guess they are just waiting to see if my app is better or not as compared to others whom they're interviewing during this time.

4 minutes ago, missanalytics said:

exactly. especially when they say they'll reply back in xyz time but they don't. some people on the other thread did get response in 4 days. i guess they are just waiting to see if my app is better or not as compared to others whom they're interviewing during this time.

Definitely. They asked for an interview super fast but havent heard anything since. It's only been a week for me, but I thought I did well. Duke is nice since they have a strict outline of decisions. I feel lost with all these other schools, I get anxious every time I check my email haha. Well good luck!! Let me know if you hear anything from NWU, Duke, NC, or UT. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2018 at 11:43 AM, NorthernNeighbor said:

Did either of you receive an interview request or have your YouTube video watched? Mine still shows no views and I'm wondering if that means I am not being considered.

No, nothing from them. I guess they are not interviewing this time. i talked to one of those who were admitted in first round, he was not interviewed  either, it was a direct admit. well they have mentioned themselves they'll interview only when it's necessary so maybe this time they are relying on video essays only. probably because of influx of applications.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/24/2018 at 4:35 AM, missanalytics said:

just got the decision. I've been admitted

Do you guys mind telling me which one is better Austin msba or uva meds. I am really in a fix here and really unsure of where to go!!