Johns Hopkins

pizzaparty

I was interviewed (I live near the University) but I don't know how many people were. Not sure whether I found out somewhat earlier because I know the profs, but hopefully I can get you all some more information by tomorrow. Best of luck!

I called and spoke to someone in the anthro office today. He said he expected to receive the decisions soon and would be in touch by the end of this week/early next week. I haven't heard anything from them since submitting my application. Were there interviews? If I didn't get one does that mean I should expect a rejection?

I have basically decided on attending another university, but would still like to hear back from Johns Hopkins.

Just an update. I've decided to attend since I received my funding package information. Anyone else hear anything?

Did you hear anything about how many ppl have been admitted? And was everyone (who have been accepted) also interviewed?

Congrats to you! (: Who are you looking to work with?

From my experience, they generally admit 4-5 people to the program depending on the year. I don't know whether they interviewed everyone they admitted, or really any other details about the admitted students.

As for who I plan to work with, I have a good relationship with a number of the faculty, and given my - lets say - idiosyncratic interests, I hope to have the chance to work with many of them (and possibly some people outside the dept as well). Anyone can PM me if you'd like to know more about my work etc

From my experience, they generally admit 4-5 people to the program depending on the year. I don't know whether they interviewed everyone they admitted, or really any other details about the admitted students.

As for who I plan to work with, I have a good relationship with a number of the faculty, and given my - lets say - idiosyncratic interests, I hope to have the chance to work with many of them (and possibly some people outside the dept as well). Anyone can PM me if you'd like to know more about my work etc

Thanks!

Anyone else heard anything from hopkins yet?

Nothing from them! I will probably take that as rejection...

Good Luck!

P

Just heard this morning from a faculty member that they want to have a phone interview (in fact she wanted to do it today, but I deferred it for a day). I'm pretty much committed to another program, UCI, but am on the infamous "short" wait-list at Chicago. Anyways, in case anyone is curious, they may have an internal wait-list and be making late-stage interviews for people on it. Good luck all!