How long after your interview did you receive a decision?

parapluie

I know this varies greatly by school and department but I am curious to see what everyone's experiences have been with this waiting game.

I wonder if they let people know sooner depending on if it is an acceptance or rejection...

I received a call the following week BUT I was told it could be as late as any time this month. And I don't think all the acceptances found out that early. There were some deadline considerations for fellowship noms. I think that kind of determines the responses as well as the relationship between the department and the grad school and all of their respective demands and deadlines.

My interview was on 2/26/10 and I found out today (3/1/10) that I was accepted. So 3ish days. They told us at the interview that we would hear back today.

One school told me a week after I interviewed, and the other told me two to three weeks. So far, I'm within both time frames, but the suspense is driving me nuts! Oh yeah, and a few other schools that I applied to haven't hit their admissions deadlines yet, so who knows how that will go.

I had one school tell me they would let me know last Wednesday (which was two days after the interview) and they did. Then the other two schools (same weekend) told me 2-3 weeks. One school called me 4 days after the interview (with good news luckily) and the other school is still deliberating but a professor emailed me to say that decisions should hopefully be soon.

I had an interview marathon last week, Wed-Sat, although Saturday stuff was very informal (nothing scheduled on campus; saw no faculty). The head of the program told us the admissions committee would meet Sunday afternoon and they would let us know the results today. Good news for me, happily. :)

So I guess that would be 2-3 days, depending on how you count Saturday.

To add to my response, last night I heard from my third interview (with an acceptance woohoo!), and they were the ones who said 2-3 weeks. It took them about a week and a half.