Heinz QSSP Requirement

Hi all, I was recently accepted to the MSPPM program at Heinz, contingent upon completion of the QSSP. Has anyone ever done this math boot camp? I definitely need it, but would need to rescind my acceptance of a summer job to help me pay for Heinz... it’s a circle. Any advice / words regarding the QSSP would be great! 

I'm a first-year here at Heinz. I didn't do QSSP, but a lot of my peers did. It seems like a short but somewhat rigorous course. I heard that most people went out together afterward daily. That means it can't be too bad. It also sounds like it was a great way to get to know people. Let me know if you have other Qs. It's great here.

Also! -- The econ and stats courses were challenging for me, especially stats, and I got placed into higher courses. That means QSSP would have been really helpful as a refresher.

hmmm I was not asked to participate in the QSSP but I was told that I need to take a stats class. I wonder what the difference is. Definitely regretting not taking stats in undergrad and just one more (little) thing to factor into the cost of attendance!

3 hours ago, dollybird said:

I'm a first-year here at Heinz. I didn't do QSSP, but a lot of my peers did. It seems like a short but somewhat rigorous course. I heard that most people went out together afterward daily. That means it can't be too bad. It also sounds like it was a great way to get to know people. Let me know if you have other Qs. It's great here.

Also! -- The econ and stats courses were challenging for me, especially stats, and I got placed into higher courses. That means QSSP would have been really helpful as a refresher.

Did you take any quant classes prior to applying? like microecon and stats? accounting?

3 hours ago, dollybird said:

Thanks so much! Heinz is my top choice, so I may message you some more questions at some point! I did undergrad in Pittsburgh and miss it terribly.