Florida State vs UWEC

I was recently accepted to several different graduate programs and have narrowed my decision down to UWEC and FSU.  Does anyone have any reviews or experience with either program?  I haven't found much about FSU, but it is a lot cheaper so I'm leaning towards it.  Thanks!!

I am currently an undergraduate at FSU and it's an amazing program! FSU is a leading research university, so there are many opportunities to get involved either shadowing research or contributing to research in the program. We have an FSU Speech and Hearing Clinic, which will host the bulk of your shadowing and clinical experience during your Master's program. Clinical work is completed first in the presence of a faculty member who will give you feedback and tips, and then you will start implementing treatment solo. The faculty is incredible, and a huge reason I myself would choose FSU. I also love the campus and community feel FSU has- you will get nothing short of a great education there! 

10 hours ago, Andrea6813 said:

I was recently accepted to several different graduate programs and have narrowed my decision down to UWEC and FSU.  Does anyone have any reviews or experience with either program?  I haven't found much about FSU, but it is a lot cheaper so I'm leaning towards it.  Thanks!!

I did my post-bacc through UWEC and loved it!  I applied to their in person residential program but was waitlisted (I removed myself since I've been accepted to a closer school). The professors are all very knowledgable and treat students with respect.  They set up the classes so the expectations are very clear and thoroughly prepare you for quizzes and exams.  All professors and staff have been very friendly, approachable, and nice! 

Wisconsin schools systems in general area really great and students get an amazing education.  For UWEC, I hear they have a beautiful campus.  

Based on the prior response it sounds like both are good programs!  I would think about cost, living situations, and what type of climate you'd like to live in for two years.  WI and FL are opposites when it comes to climates lol.  

17 minutes ago, Andrea6813 said:

I guess I should have added I’m accepted to both distance programs.  Do you guys know much about the distance program at either school?

The post-bacc program was online so I would say it's similar to the distance program so I'd highly recommend.  I do know that with with the distance program I believe you have to spend a week on campus for two semesters but they provide you an option to stay on campus at an affordable price.  I really enjoyed the classes and working with the professors online.  Also, not sure how long the program is at Florida but the distance program through UWEC is three years I believe. 

20 hours ago, WesttoEast18 said:

The post-bacc program was online so I would say it's similar to the distance program so I'd highly recommend.  I do know that with with the distance program I believe you have to spend a week on campus for two semesters but they provide you an option to stay on campus at an affordable price.  I really enjoyed the classes and working with the professors online.  Also, not sure how long the program is at Florida but the distance program through UWEC is three years I believe. 

Thank you!!