Master of Architecture (M.Arch) - 2018

I know a bunch of you are out there, why don't we have our own thread? xD

Anyways, lets talk, it's better here than Archinect.. that place is full of curmudgeons. 

I applied at Berkeley, GSAPP, MIT, GSD, UPenn, UCLA, SCI-Arc, and USC. 

Accepted: Berkeley ($$), UPenn ($$), UCLA, SCI-ARC, and USC ($$$)

Rejected: MIT, GSD

Pending: GSAPP 

Hi all!  Thanks for making this thread, and congrats on the acceptances, Mies!  Anyone else in the boat of being accepted to several schools with the same admitted students day?? Berkeley, GSAPP, Oregon, and UVA have all decided that April 9 is *the day* for open houses... So frustrating.

Following the above format:

Applied to Berkeley, GSD, GSAPP, Yale, MIT, Oregon, and UVA

Admitted: Berkeley ($$), GSD, GSAPP ($$), Oregon, UVA

Waitlisted: Yale

No word from MIT

I'm interested in interdisciplinary arch/environmental design/public interest work and am currently trying to decide between the very different programs of Berkeley, GSD, and GSAPP.  Would love to know if anyone is having a similar debate.

@Indiarchitect, I applied for the 3 yr program at Berkeley.  haven't heard whether the 2 yr acceptances have been announced yet... good luck!

All my best to you guys out there.  

Edited by haveacuppatea

15 hours ago, Indiarchitect said:

Congratulations! Was wondering if you applied for a 2 year M.Arch or 3 year one.... Also, anyone know if UC Berkeley''s 2 year M.Arch results have been announced? 

Thanks! I applied for the 3 year, I think they are still working on the 2 year apps, good luck! :)

10 hours ago, haveacuppatea said:

Hi all!  Thanks for making this thread, and congrats on the acceptances, Mies!  Anyone else in the boat of being accepted to several schools with the same admitted students day?? Berkeley, GSAPP, Oregon, and UVA have all decided that April 9 is *the day* for open houses... So frustrating.

Thanks, congrats to you also, fantastic results! Ouch, I'd like to add that UCLA also decided to have one of their open house days on April 9... interesting that so many schools picked the same day. :blink: