The wait is killing me...

SakuraSound

Its bad enough that Im waiting to hear back to know where I will be this fall...

Its even worse considering that its for a school I currently go to with people on grad admissions that I talk to almost daily.

Im surrounded by "what ifs" when I go to class, when I go back to the dorm, when I go to research...

The worst thing to hear is the "don't worry, you got in" from friends, family, and coworkers...

I'm going insane... T_T

I want to avoid those conversations... but if my mother doesn't bring it up, then it's my friends, or I have a wandering thought of "This might be my last semester doing research" and I just break down...

I never wanted to tell anyone about my applications but i find it so hard to reply when people in my year at college ask me about my postgraduate plans. I tell them I'm applying to grad school then they say, "oh where?" And i always end up telling them. And because it's such a common question between everyone around my department (we're all graduating..), the whole place knows I've applied to XYZ schools, so when I get rejected i might as well walk around with a big FML postit stuck to my forehead.

Ugh I kind of regret mentioning what schools i have applied to my friends; now whenever i see them one of the questions they ask is "so have you heard back from any schools yet?"

so far I haven't heard any except one (rejection), but this waiting business is tormenting me... and I have to worry about finding a job if I face rejection from everywhere... I'm glad that I have friends and family giving me support but the possibility of not getting in anywhere is simply scary.