Cambridge MPP 2018

PghPol16

Maybe this is a long shot, but is anyone considering Cambridge (UK) for an MPP next year? Or, any Cambridge MPP grads floating around here? 

I have been accepted but no word on funding, etc. yet. Curious to hear about anyone else’s experiences with applying and moving over there! 

I am! I also have not heard about funding. Still waiting on my college too. However, Cambridge is by far my cheapest option so I am likely to accept the offer. How does it rank in your list so far?

I talked to a recent grad who really loved the program. She said there are some obvious growing pains since its relatively new. However, overall she had a terrific experience and the work placement was her favorite part. 

36 minutes ago, enohoya said:

I am! I also have not heard about funding. Still waiting on my college too. However, Cambridge is by far my cheapest option so I am likely to accept the offer. How does it rank in your list so far?

I talked to a recent grad who really loved the program. She said there are some obvious growing pains since its relatively new. However, overall she had a terrific experience and the work placement was her favorite part. 

Can I ask a bit more about your background and application process? This program interests me. I am Canadian and funding would be a major obstacle here. 

I graduated from a top 20 US school with a high GPA (first honors). I have worked for the U.S. government on foreign assistance programs for almost three years.  I had a strong SOP and good recommendations.

The application process was fairly straightforward. I used the same SOP I used for US schools but adjusted the "why X school" portion to fit Cambridge. The only thing I would recommend is apply early. I didn't realize the MPP had rolling admissions so it would have been nice to know earlier.  Funding seems to be an elusive process but compared to how expensive US programs are, Cambridge at ticket price is a bargain! :lol: