Anyone heard anything from Columbia Teachers College yet?

aditi123

Has TC,Columbia sent out any notifications at all?About interviews or decisions?I have other things/options to respond to & I unfortunately have no time .Their delay in responding has made it very difficult for me to decide as to what to do.Does anyone have any inkling/clue at all about how long they will take?I was really keen on their program but am so confused right now sad.gif Whatever decision it is I need to know!It's hard living like this in limbo :(

Edited by aditi123

Has TC,Columbia sent out any notifications at all?About interviews or decisions?I have to respond to other offers & I unfortunately have no time .Their delay in responding has made it very difficult for me to decide as to what to do.Does anyone have any inkling/clue at all about how long they will take?I was really keen on their program but am so confused right now sad.gif Whatever decision it is I need to know!It's hard living like this in limbo :(

I agree - I am also waiting for a decision (gifted education). I think it depends on the department/program you apply to when they come out - hopefully it will be soon :)

I received an email yesterday directly from the program (Leadership, Policy, and Politics - Masters)saying I was accepted and formal notification would follow. It probably depends on the program at this point, but it looks like you should know soon.

Hey, did anyone apply for PhDs and did they have interviews?

Thanks everyone for the information.I have also applied for a PhD program.I have not found anyone so far who's applied to the same program...But no I haven't heard anything about interviews or intimation of the sort....

Thanks everyone for the information.I have also applied for a PhD program.I have not found anyone so far who's applied to the same program...But no I haven't heard anything about interviews or intimation of the sort....

hmm... I applied to the Transcultural subfield in the Anth & Ed PhD... still no word, anyone heard anything from that subfield?

With no notifications, I just checked on the application website this afternoon (after seeing someone updated his/her master degree acceptance in the same department), there is a decision link.

Then I clicked, yes I got accepted to the EdD Instructional Technology and Media. There is no information for funding, though.

The program itself suggested the interview as a part of application process, I did it in late January.

Hope this help!

I think is does depend on the subfield for when you hear back. I applied for a MA in International Education Development, and have not yet heard back, although I know many people in other departments have heard back. It should be soon though! Maybe tomorrow? Hang in there!

I think is does depend on the subfield for when you hear back. I applied for a MA in International Education Development, and have not yet heard back, although I know many people in other departments have heard back. It should be soon though! Maybe tomorrow? Hang in there!

That sounds right. I applied to the Neuroscience and Education mastsers program. This degree claims to have rolling admission (and I applied way back in December). I e-mailed the dept. to find out when I would hear and they told me that even though it is "rolling", it is unlikely that I would hear anything before March. They did tell me that I would hear by March 15th....

So, hopefully soon?

Logged into the application website this morning to see an acceptance letter posted. (Ed.M - Politics & Education). Anyone know when scholarship/fellowship decisions will be released? My FAFSA + the (short) Scholarship App have been in for a while. Vanderbilt surprised me a couple weeks ago with a 2/3 scholarship to their MPP program that is making Nashville seem very attractive - but today I'm in New York state of mind!

Logged into the application website this morning to see an acceptance letter posted. (Ed.M - Politics & Education). Anyone know when scholarship/fellowship decisions will be released? My FAFSA + the (short) Scholarship App have been in for a while. Vanderbilt surprised me a couple weeks ago with a 2/3 scholarship to their MPP program that is making Nashville seem very attractive - but today I'm in New York state of mind!

Accepted MA Politics and Education!

accepted to International Education Development, MA! yesss!!!

I think funding and housing decisions will be made in early April.

Congrats!! ^_^

I got accepted to International Education Development, MA, too! Will we meet in TC in fall???

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I applied to TC the day of the deadline, and was accepted on 03/11/2010 to the C&T department.

As far as money is concerned, I was awarded two very nice grants.

My suggestion is be proactive, and do your best to negotiate with FA -very nice people.