NYC Schools

I’m dying... still waiting on a financial package to see if I can swing it! Then again, I don’t really care how much I have to borrow lol...

If I am going, I’ll move in August. I’m locked in my current lease through July 31st.

7 hours ago, meowison said:

I am looking on sites such as streeteasy and craigslist and getting help from family financially to afford rent. I plan to live in Manhattan and I am moving in late May. Got a summer job at a camp there!

What camp? Congrats!! This is also my plan! Where are you coming from ?

Edited by Kat_MSW2018

9 hours ago, Kat_MSW2018 said:

What camp? Congrats!! This is also my plan! Where are you coming from ?

how funny! Im going to be working at The Coding Space on the Upper West side. Its a computer coding day camp for kids! Im from CA, but currently an Americorps member in New Orleans, you?

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/20/2018 at 7:35 PM, TooExcited&Nervous said:

My plan was to work all summer and then move early August or as soon as I save enough money. If I can find a decent paying job for the summer, I think I'll be fine. The hard part is finding a place while living out of the state. 

Looking for a place is driving me insane! 

And then the logistics of actually getting there lol.

6 hours ago, Chebrutta said:

Looking for a place is driving me insane! 

And then the logistics of actually getting there lol.

Luckily, a round trip flight from my home state is around $118. Getting there isn't an issue, more so looking for a place. I am only taking the essentials with me. I'm leaving most of my items from my current apt in a storage. 

56 minutes ago, TooExcited&Nervous said:

Luckily, a round trip flight from my home state is around $118. Getting there isn't an issue, more so looking for a place. I am only taking the essentials with me. I'm leaving most of my items from my current apt in a storage. 

Ahhh, this is a life move for me, along with my cat. I’m selling everything I own except my clothes and some kitchen stuff. And I def need to get rid of some clothes ?

11 minutes ago, Chebrutta said:

Ahhh, this is a life move for me, along with my cat. I’m selling everything I own except my clothes and some kitchen stuff. And I def need to get rid of some clothes ?

If I end up liking NYC, then I will come back for the rest of my items. lol Plato's Closet and style encore, my places to go when cleaning out my closet. Then whatever I can't sell, I drop off at my local shelters/centers.

On 21/3/2018 at 5:42 AM, meowison said:

how funny! Im going to be working at The Coding Space on the Upper West side. Its a computer coding day camp for kids! Im from CA, but currently an Americorps member in New Orleans, you?

I think I saw that when I was looking up jobs!! I just got hired as a resident advisor for a summer camp for high schools at Columbia!! Super convienent seeing as I have officially committed to attending! ? coming from LA.