diyadeb

Hi, 

I've been admitted to the Goldman school and LKY for the MPP and unfortunately haven't secured funding in either. I'm based out of India and have worked in Urban Governance for close to 6 years. I'm open to the kind of work I do after graduating but I'm not that keen on working in the states either given unstable visa situations and also because my spouse is based out of Bangalore. 

Graduate student debt is a real threat and I can only imagine the difficulty one can face in paying it off. That said, getting admitted to Berkeley was a dream come true and I'm trying really hard to make it work. 

I wanted to ask about LKY's future career prospects. I've heard contradictory things such as its great for South East Asia and also that Singapore work permits are extremely difficult. However, even with a loan, LKY is significantly cheaper than Goldman. 

I'm undecided how to proceed as I feel both schools represent very different life trajectories and I'm unsure of which one to chose. 

Any useful suggestions?