Request Application Status after Receiving Offers from other Schools?

I did some interview with graduate schools and finally got a couple of offers. My top choice (called A), however, has not made any final decision yet. But they informed on their website that all decision will be out by April 15. The majority of my offers only allows me two to three weeks to either accept or decline the offer (with deadline ranged from April 9 - 13). 

Should I go ahead and email the program at A to ask about their decision, or should I be patient until a week before deadline? If I should email school A, who should I send my email to: the POI or the program coordinator?

Thank you so much in advance! 

Edited by pnguyen540

Hi Laura,

I actually asked my second choice (not third tho), but they politely said no. I got in touch with the first choice, and they responsed that I should here from them soon, with no clear answer on the date.

On 3/23/2018 at 8:35 PM, pnguyen540 said:

Hi Laura,

I actually asked my second choice (not third tho), but they politely said no. I got in touch with the first choice, and they responsed that I should here from them soon, with no clear answer on the date.

If you haven't already, I would suggest pressing your top choice for a specific date in which you should expect a decision to be rendered. Additionally, ask your third choice for an extension; the worst they can do is say no. 

I'm with PsychedSloth on this one. My friend had funding pending on their acceptance date (as in after a certain date they'll still be admitted if they wanted to be, but the TA/RA position would be forfeited). They called their other two top choices the day before the decision had to be finalized and pushed for information about their application after being pseudo-ignored over email. For one, the decision was made but not officially released yet. They were weight listed at the other school. It ultimately didn't change her decision, but it was nice to know. Bottom line is if your top choice is The Choice (which I'm assuming it is), let them know you have other offers, you still really want to be admitted to their program, and you need more information about the status of your application.