Does this email imply that I am rejected?

mentalist

I got this email a while back from Georgia Tech. What does it imply? Do I steel myself for a rejection?

Thank you for your interest in Georgia Tech’s Master of Science in Computer Science program.  

Due to a record number of applications this year, we are still working through the evaluation stage.  Decisions will start going out as they are made over the next few weeks.  What this means is that not all decisions are going out on the same day.  Please be patient and let us work our way to you.

Thanks,

College of Computing Graduate Programs

Edited by mentalist

No... I wouldn't try to read between the lines.

I think it's intended to inform you that your application is still being processed. They're likely sending this email out to all applicants to give their phone line a break from eager inquiries about decision timelines. I don't think it has any overtones of an impending rejection.

Edit: Steel yourself for more waiting. I think that's all that can be concluded from this email.

Edited by megtree
Because

15 minutes ago, megtree said:

No... I wouldn't try to read between the lines.

I think it's intended to inform you that your application is still being processed. They're likely sending this email out to all applicants to give their phone line a break from eager inquiries about decision timelines. I don't think it has any overtones of an impending rejection.

Edit: Steel yourself for more waiting. I think that's all that can be concluded from this email.

Thanks for your words. It made me realise that I was over-analysing. But the wait already seems to be agonisingly prolonged. I think I am losing my mind by the hour.

5 minutes ago, mentalist said:

Thanks for your words. It made me realise that I was over-analysing. But the wait already seems to be agonisingly prolonged. I think I am losing my mind by the hour.

If it makes you feel any better, you're not alone. I've begun flirting with the idea of accepting my "safety" school's offer just to end this four month stint of anxious uncertainty. It's becoming a more appealing option each passing day, like if they don't show me some mercy soon, then I'll take myself out of the waiting game haha.

Hang in there! This will pass =) 

1 hour ago, JetPlane_the said:

Wow I'm getting nothing back from GaTech's department office haha. I'm seriously thinking of calling them for further information.

You haven't gotten the email? As the people above have said, it hardly means anything.

If in any case you do contact the department and if possible, could be please inform me of their response? I'm an international applicant, and roaming charges LOL. It would be a great help. 

Edited by mentalist

On 2018. 3. 22. at 2:48 PM, mentalist said:

If in any case you do contact the department and if possible, could be please inform me of their response? I'm an international applicant, and roaming charges LOL. It would be a great help. 

I've called GaTech's EAS admission office and they said that they've already sent out admission to <10% of the applicants this year. Which means that it's highly possible to receive a rejection if you haven't gotten a notification from the school already. The staff mentioned that rejections will most likely be sent out to applicants by late April.  

On 3/26/2018 at 7:43 PM, JetPlane_the said:

I've called GaTech's EAS admission office and they said that they've already sent out admission to <10% of the applicants this year. Which means that it's highly possible to receive a rejection if you haven't gotten a notification from the school already. The staff mentioned that rejections will most likely be sent out to applicants by late April.  

Judging by the large number of people who have been notified of an impending decision to be announced today at 5 pm Eastern Time, I think they may have meant late March. :mellow:

On 2018. 3. 29. at 2:59 AM, Besivance said:

I think they may have meant late March. :mellow:

I haven’t received anything... but GaTech does have a history of sending out late rejections (late April) according to the thread, so I believe they might have said it correctly. It could be possible that our specific major of intent is different :)